The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums...

3 posters

Go down

I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums... Empty I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums...

Post by Miko July 15th 2008, 11:33 am

Uhm...How do you make the bakground stay and not repeat itself over and over again?
Any tips, please and thank you~

And...also I can't change the category background picture (row title)
Miko

Language : puppyz94

Back to top Go down

I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums... Empty Re: I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums...

Post by zakir321 July 15th 2008, 5:19 pm

You can change all pictures and background images in your admin panel in "Display / Pics Management / Advanced Mode". You will also find there a box "Background fixed" at the right-hand side. Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums... Empty Re: I can't seem to change the make the background stay like other forums...

Post by Miko July 15th 2008, 6:03 pm

Sunny_D wrote:You can change all pictures and background images in your admin panel in "Display / Pics Management / Advanced Mode". You will also find there a box "Background fixed" at the right-hand side. Smile

I know that, but I don't know what background fixed is for, doesn't matter though, if I check the box or not, it won't appear, except I paste the link into the ccs stylesheet...But now the problem is I want to make the background stay still and not repeat itself? Any tips?

Edit: I can't change the font size nor the colours of most of the stuff =x= I find it rather annoying how I did it once and now I can't do it...
Miko

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 16th 2008, 5:07 am

"background fixed" would be if you are using a graphic (picture - not color) as a background and wanted it to remain in one place and have the rest of the forum move up and down over it. The code you could use to do this would be ...
Code:

<style type="text/css">
body
{
background-image:
url('URL TO BG IMAGE');
background-repeat:
no-repeat;
background-attachment:
fixed
}
</style>

The font sizes should be editable from your control panel, display, colors. Scroll down a bit and the font tags are there.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko July 16th 2008, 7:56 am

Saurus wrote:"background fixed" would be if you are using a graphic (picture - not color) as a background and wanted it to remain in one place and have the rest of the forum move up and down over it. The code you could use to do this would be ...
Code:

<style type="text/css">
body
{
background-image:
url('URL TO BG IMAGE');
background-repeat:
no-repeat;
background-attachment:
fixed
}
</style>

The font sizes should be editable from your control panel, display, colors. Scroll down a bit and the font tags are there.

Thanks a lot for that one, but the font sizes don't work, yes dispay-colours and a bit down, save, doesn't work...And the colours too Dx

EDIT: Didn't work...
Miko

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 16th 2008, 7:04 pm

If you have a theme installed that uses a custom CSS sheet, then it might overwrite your settings in the admin panel. May I request your forum URL please? And please also note where exactly you want to change the font size and the color. Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko July 16th 2008, 8:02 pm

Sunny_D wrote:If you have a theme installed that uses a custom CSS sheet, then it might overwrite your settings in the admin panel. May I request your forum URL please? And please also note where exactly you want to change the font size and the color. Smile

I sort of got the font and colour now, it's fixed^^ But I can't seem to make the back ground stay....^^; please and thank you~~

http://pandemicalliance.sos-forum.net/index.htm

edit: at the moment I'm using a texturish background to cover it...

Last edited by Miko on July 16th 2008, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miko

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 16th 2008, 8:52 pm

Where did you put that code? It should definitely work - it does for me.

What version and template are you using? If standard phpBB, try going to the admin panel, pics and colors, advanced mode, and look at the preview on the right. The 2nd or 3rd box down is for BG picture. There is a check box under examples that says "fix BG". Put a check there and save it.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko July 17th 2008, 9:46 am

Saurus wrote:Where did you put that code? It should definitely work - it does for me.

What version and template are you using? If standard phpBB, try going to the admin panel, pics and colors, advanced mode, and look at the preview on the right. The 2nd or 3rd box down is for BG picture. There is a check box under examples that says "fix BG". Put a check there and save it.

Thanks, I'll try it! 8D
Miko

Back to top Go down