The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Colours

5 posters

Go down

Solved Group Colours

Post by 1ruleyou July 24th 2008, 6:42 am

I have set the groups to be able to be viewed by others and i did everything in the tutorial but its still not working the colors are off and it wont display all of the groups.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by 1ruleyou on July 24th 2008, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resolved)
1ruleyou
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Group Colours

Post by Dot Com July 24th 2008, 6:51 am

Admin Panel>Users&Groups>User Options>Colorize User names [X]Yes [ ]No>Save
Dot Com
Dot Com
Forumember

Male Posts : 414
Language : English,HTML

http://www.eraofrebirth.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1ruleyou July 24th 2008, 6:58 am

Thank you very much Very Happy
1ruleyou
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Dot Com July 24th 2008, 7:00 am

You are welcome
Dot Com
Dot Com
Forumember

Male Posts : 414
Language : English,HTML

http://www.eraofrebirth.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbuster July 25th 2008, 5:53 pm

Greetings all.

We have a small group of users who want their own colour. I have created a group for them, and applied the solution above. Unfortunately the Moderators and Admin colours are no longer shown. I have re-applied the colours for those two groups, and saved the changes, but the only colours that appear are for the standard users and our 'special' group. The Admin and Mods still appear as 'standard' users, but with Admin shoen in italics. Whilst I am greatly in favour of egalitarianism, this is a bit confusing for folk that want to identify the moderators group - not least the mods themselves!
trollbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer1993 July 25th 2008, 6:06 pm

Administration Panel -> Users & Groups -> Manage groups -> Administrators -> Colourize usernames -> Yes.
Killer1993
Killer1993
Forumember

Male Posts : 95
Language : English & Danish fluent - Practicing german.

http://www.project-ld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbuster July 25th 2008, 6:59 pm

Thank you very much for your swift reply - I'm impressed!

My Adminstration panel has different wording from yours I think. I have a tab for users and groups, on the left hand side of the screen there are four panels titled 'Users' 'Groups' 'Ranks' and 'Special rights'. In the Groups box there is a single option titled 'Group Administration'. Clicking on this opens a page showing our groups. There are columns headed 'Order', 'Group Name', 'Group Description', 'Group Moderator', 'Color', 'Group Status' and 'Action'. The groupname is clickable to present the list of group members. The 'Action' column has two clickable icons for 'Modify' and 'Permissions'. Clicking on the modify icon presents a page of variable items including 'Group members Color' and a checkbox for 'Color Group Members'. I have set a colour and also ticked the checkbox and then saved the settings.

From the 'Users' panel on the left of the screen I have selected 'Users options' and set the 'Colorize usernames' to 'Yes' and saved these settings.

However, when I log back in, either as an Administrator, Moderator or a 'normal' user, the only names to be given in a different colour are those from the special small group mentioned in my post above.
trollbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by rich_in_millsberry July 25th 2008, 9:19 pm

Killer1993 wrote:Administration Panel -> Users & Groups -> Manage groups -> Administrators -> Colourize usernames -> Yes.

what they said
rich_in_millsberry
rich_in_millsberry
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : english

http://millsberrymasters50.niceboard.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbuster July 26th 2008, 11:12 am

rich_in_millsberry wrote:
Killer1993 wrote:Administration Panel -> Users & Groups -> Manage groups -> Administrators -> Colourize usernames -> Yes.

what they said

I did re-read and try that again, but it just doesn't seem to work. could it be something to do with the group order values?
trollbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbuster July 28th 2008, 12:06 pm

OK this one really is now solved.
trollbuster

Back to top Go down