The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private section on the forum ???

4 posters

Go down

Solved Private section on the forum ???

Post by ryder Sat 26 Jul - 22:58

Hi all, i just want to know if there is a way i can make a private section on my forum for my clan, cuz we wanna prepare some events without everyone check our post. so i wanna make a public section and a private one (exemple: poeple with the autorisation of a admin only can go in this section), how do i do this ?

Last edited by ryder on Sun 27 Jul - 19:12; edited 1 time in total
ryder

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Private section on the forum ???

Post by sweet_potato Sun 27 Jul - 5:03

U can do that by setting your forum permision..

Panel==> General=> forum and categories

then find the certain forum you want to be private then set the permisionor the preset ..

u can see ther the option "View the forum and its messages " set that into admin..that means only administrators can view that certain forum..

2nd option in the preset permision "Write topics or messages " you set that also in administrators..only admin can post a topic..

save!

hope it helps,

regards,

Sheen
sweet_potato
sweet_potato
Forumember

Female Posts : 359

http://www.dcboard.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus Sun 27 Jul - 6:31

ryder wrote:Hi all, i just want to know if there is a way i can make a private section on my forum for my clan, cuz we wanna prepare some events without everyone check our post. so i wanna make a public section and a private one (exemple: poeple with the autorisation of a admin only can go in this section), how do i do this ?

The other answer you got is wrong. The way to do this is takes two steps:
1- create a new forum, name it what you want, and then set the permissions for read/write to a special group.

2- Make a new group and add the members you want to access the private forum. Set the group to "hidden" so other members can't request access through the "usergroups" link. Nobody but members will even have a clue the group or forum exists.

I did this on my forum with a group I named "special access" for members I trust and need to communicate back and forth without others seeing what we're talking about. Non members don't even see the special forum on their index page.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Sun 27 Jul - 19:12

ty Saurus, it work nice.
ryder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Sun 27 Jul - 21:07

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this thread now.

= ( Members Problem Solved )

= Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down