The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

media player

2 posters

Go down

media player Empty media player

Post by SxTxAxRxRxY July 31st 2008, 10:49 pm

I have an idea that i want to add to my forum but unsure in how i do it. I wanted to put music section in but want to have a play list that will play that i have added. How and is it possible to add a script/code to have media player on my forum?
SxTxAxRxRxY
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

media player Empty Re: media player

Post by manor July 31st 2008, 10:55 pm

you can add a media player to your site and create a playlist for it to link to from a server link, i have windows media player on mine that links into radio, if you want the code i will supply it and highlight where to put the link and size options

www.eruptionmini.com
manor
manor
Forumember

Male Posts : 137
Language : en

http://www.eruptionmini.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SxTxAxRxRxY July 31st 2008, 10:58 pm

thats awsome .. i want to supply the music just wasnt sure on how exactly to do this ... hopefully i do now cheers. Yea could i please have the code.
SxTxAxRxRxY
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by manor July 31st 2008, 11:09 pm

here goes....

<td><object id="NSPlay" name="NSPlay" classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" width=306 height=50 codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,1,5,217" standby="Loading Microsoft® Windows Media™ Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" align="left"> <param name='AutoStart' value='-1'> <param name='filename' value='YOUR LINK GOES HERE'> <param name='WindowlessVideo' value='0'> <param name='PreviewMode' value='0'> <param name='AutoSize' value='0'> <param name='AnimationAtStart' value='-1'> <param name='EnableContextMenu' value='0'> <param name='ShowStatusBar' value='-1'> <param name='ShowControls' value='-1'> <param name='ShowAudioControls' value='-1'> <param name='ShowPositionControls' value='-1'> <param name='ShowDisplay' value='0'> <param name='ShowTracker' value='-1'> <param name='ShowGotoBar' value='0'> <param name="AudioStream" value="-1"> <param name="AllowScan" value="-1"> <param name="AllowChangeDisplaySize" value="-1"> <param name="AutoRewind" value="0"> <param name="Balance" value="0"> <param name="BaseURL" value> <param name="BufferingTime" value="3"> <param name="CaptioningID" value> <param name="ClickToPlay" value="-1"> <param name="CursorType" value="0"> <param name="CurrentPosition" value="-1"> <param name="CurrentMarker" value="0"> <param name="DefaultFrame" value> <param name="DisplayBackColor" value="0"> <param name="DisplayForeColor" value="16777215"> <param name="DisplayMode" value="0"> <param name="DisplaySize" value="4"> <param name="Enabled" value="-1"> <param name="EnablePositionControls" value="-1"> <param name="EnableFullScreenControls" value="0"> <param name="EnableTracker" value="-1"> <param name="InvokeURLs" value="-1"> <param name="Language" value="-1"> <param name="Mute" value="0"> <param name="PlayCount" value="1"> <param name="Rate" value="1"> <param name="SAMILang" value> <param name="SAMIStyle" value> <param name="SAMIFileName" value> <param name="SelectionStart" value="-1"> <param name="SelectionEnd" value="-1"> <param name="SendOpenStateChangeEvents" value="-1"> <param name="SendWarningEvents" value="-1"> <param name="SendErrorEvents" value="-1"> <param name="SendKeyboardEvents" value="0"> <param name="SendMouseClickEvents" value="0"> <param name="SendMouseMoveEvents" value="0"> <param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="-1"> <param name="ShowCaptioning" value="0"> <param name="TransparentAtStart" value="0"> <param name="VideoBorderWidth" value="0"> <param name="VideoBorderColor" value="0"> <param name="VideoBorder3D" value="0"> <param name="Volume" value="-1"> <embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=windows&sbp=mediaplayer&ar=Media&sba=Plugin&" src="YOUR LINK GOES HERE" name="NSPlay" width="306" height="50" showstatusbar="1" showcontrols="1" showdisplay="0" showgotobar="0" autosize="0" showcaptioning="0" enabletracker="0" showtracker="0" enablecontextmenu="0" volume="0" showpositioncontrols="0" showaudiocontrols="1"> </embed> </object></td>

I have highlighted the size controls x 2 and url input points x 2
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SxTxAxRxRxY July 31st 2008, 11:22 pm

thanks for that now next question where exaclty do i put the code if i want it in a spercific forum section?
SxTxAxRxRxY
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by manor July 31st 2008, 11:26 pm

im guessing you mean your portal (please specify) create a widget box, insert the code, insert the url link x 2 and edit player size to your needs,
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SxTxAxRxRxY July 31st 2008, 11:32 pm

ok ive changed it all .. to be more spercific .... is there any way to position the media player under neather the chat both and have 4 different access links to 4 different play list. does this make more sense?
SxTxAxRxRxY
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by manor July 31st 2008, 11:46 pm

4 links means you need to activate the goto bar and insert 4 links in the pull down, ive not done that before as mine runs directly from a shoutcast link, i know ive read about it a while back, i cant really help you that much on that side of things, do you access your chatbox from the pop up link on bottom of forum or have you created it into a widget?, if you recreate it in a widget you can add too the page, i had mine set up that way but now use flashchat instead as its a pro chat room
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SxTxAxRxRxY July 31st 2008, 11:50 pm

chat box is at top of page and there after login i have not much experience at this stuff and im learning as i go ... but i have someone that might know somethig about what im trying to do so i will consult with them see what they can come up with ... mine aint nothing special right now but feel free to take a look ... thankls for your help anyways mate i appreciate it. site links http://toeazy.forummotion.com
SxTxAxRxRxY
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by manor August 1st 2008, 12:05 am

its all about the learning m8, ive progressed a lot over last few years and always up for the next challenge, forumotion give you a very good start to creating a pro style site, as you get better you will find ways of expanding past the limits on here, i never ventured to this forum till very recent out of curiosity, all the questions that are asked on here are out there on the net if you look thoroughly thru it and you will surprise yourself with what you can do, windows media player does not play listen.pls files but mine can thru experimenting and i took 8020:listen.pls of the ip link code and it worked, just be a bit brave in small stages....

Gary
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down