The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yep, another storage question

3 posters

Go down

Yep, another storage question Empty Yep, another storage question

Post by doomfaeryshannon August 6th 2008, 9:01 am

I searched forever for an answer to this, and I apologize in advance for asking something that's likely to have already been answered at some point. I bought credits and spent them to increase the storage in my gallery. Let's say I increased it by 200 mb, and let's say I upload 200 mb worth of pictures in the next month. After my month of validity has passed, does my gallery space go back down to 10mb, or do I always have the 200 mb that I already bought? And what happens to those pictures if I don't buy more time or more storage and my space does in fact go back to 10mb if I don't buy more time or space? Are the pics merely inaccessible, or are they deleted?

Thanks for the help!
doomfaeryshannon

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Yep, another storage question Empty Re: Yep, another storage question

Post by Brad38 August 6th 2008, 9:25 am

I posted asking about these same questions awhile back, but never did get definite answers. I hope that we can both get the answers to the questions you've asked. Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by doomfaeryshannon August 9th 2008, 12:40 am

It looks like maybe they don't want to answer us.
doomfaeryshannon

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 9th 2008, 1:32 am

200 credits for 200 MB storage would be the monthly price, yes. If this period expires and you haven't spent additional credits to extend the validity, the storage will drop again to the initial 10MB. Your pictures will not be deleted though. The only thing I'm not sure about, is how long they will be stored. I'll try to get this info. Wink
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 August 11th 2008, 6:52 pm

Sunny_D wrote:200 credits for 200 MB storage would be the monthly price, yes. If this period expires and you haven't spent additional credits to extend the validity, the storage will drop again to the initial 10MB. Your pictures will not be deleted though. The only thing I'm not sure about, is how long they will be stored. I'll try to get this info. Wink

Thank you Sunny_D for this answer. Do you think we will get a warning in our admin panel or something letting us know that our extended time has been reached as well? Yes, please let us know when you find out how long the pictures will be stored for and until we add more validity to the storage.

Thank you. Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 12th 2008, 3:17 am

I have asked Typlo how long images are stored that exceed your storage limit and he answered:

Typlo wrote:actually those pictures aren't deleted, they stay pending in the garbage.

You see, they won't get deleted. Wink

Not sure if you get an extra warning message via email, but the time period should be visible in the misc tab in your admin panel.?
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 August 12th 2008, 3:30 am

Sunny_D wrote:I have asked Typlo how long images are stored that exceed your storage limit and he answered:

Typlo wrote:actually those pictures aren't deleted, they stay pending in the garbage.

You see, they won't get deleted. Wink

Not sure if you get an extra warning message via email, but the time period should be visible in the misc tab in your admin panel.?

Hi Sunny_D...

Ok, I've got 110 Mb's of space in my gallery and 100 Mb that I've added and paid for. Also my validity is good until Aug 29th...What would happen if you used more credits BEFORE Aug 29th? I would like to prevent my pictures from going into the garbage so would I add more credits before Aug 29th? If I add the credits before the 29th, will that work properly? If I add 50 more credits before the 29th, then it should go up to 160 Mb for a bit right, then it will drop down again to 60 Mb after the 29th passes?

Sorry for all the questions but this is completely new to me and since I just started paying for my extra credits and they haven't expired yet.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 12th 2008, 3:52 am

Yes, I'd expect it would happen as you described. Wink

Credits don't expire anyway, on a sidenote.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 August 12th 2008, 5:21 am

Ok...thanks Sunny_D Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember