Making forum private? pssible? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Making forum private? pssible?

rubbee

Language : ohboi7

Making forum private? pssible? Empty Making forum private? pssible?

Post by rubbee September 23rd 2008, 2:13 am

so I want to make my forum private so only me and my members can view the topics,

I can't figure out how to do this... is it possible with forumotion?

thanks
    Punkarella
    Punkarella
    Forumember

Female Posts : 334
    Language : English

Making forum private? pssible? Empty Re: Making forum private? pssible?

Post by Punkarella September 23rd 2008, 2:23 am

When you set up each forum, set the permissions to Members, and make sure to UNTICK guests
    rubbee

Language : ohboi7

Post by rubbee September 23rd 2008, 2:25 am

oiii Ok I'm trying to understand, I set up forum already, dunno if I had UNTICKED anything... will I need to make a new forum?

can you guide me through this? sorry I feel real dumb but I'm trying to figure ths out Very Happy
    Punkarella
    Punkarella
    Forumember

Female Posts : 334
    Language : English

Post by Punkarella September 23rd 2008, 2:30 am

No you don't need to make a new forum but this will take alot of time if you have alot of forums/categories set up already -- you will have to go through them one by one and change the settings on each forum section.

Go to
    Admin panel
    General Tab
    Categories and Forums
    You will see a list of all your forums and categories
    Beside them, you will see ticks and crosses in green and red
    Click that
    You now need to make sure that all boxes that line up beside Guest, are unticked. and that the drop down box, for viewing the forum says MEMBERS

It will take you a little while to go through all your forums and make sure each is set to MEMBERS only, and make sure all ticks are removed from Guests on the table under that drop down box.

When you have set what you want to MEMBERS only, log out and have a look and see if you can see or not see as a guest
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk September 23rd 2008, 2:39 am

rubbee wrote:oiii Ok I'm trying to understand, I set up forum already, dunno if I had UNTICKED anything... will I need to make a new forum?

can you guide me through this? sorry I feel real dumb but I'm trying to figure ths out Very Happy

also be sure to

check off members view and read and wright and reply.
    do not check off special message or moderation.
    special messages is your stickies and announcements.. moderation.. well unless you want every member to have there mod tools and status you dont want that checked.

and be sure to check off the mod permissions under the admins as you see fit,and any groups you may or may not want to have access to them boards.. if you need anything else just hit me back here.

and what i found to do to test things. create your self anther account as a regular member. this way you will see what they are seeing or not seeing.

Punkarella wrote:No you don't need to make a new forum but this will take alot of time if you have alot of forums/categories set up already -- you will have to go through them one by one and change the settings on each forum section.

Go to
    Admin panel
    General Tab
    Categories and Forums
    You will see a list of all your forums and categories
    Beside them, you will see ticks and crosses in green and red
    Click that
    You now need to make sure that all boxes that line up beside Guest, are unticked. and that the drop down box, for viewing the forum says MEMBERS

It will take you a little while to go through all your forums and make sure each is set to MEMBERS only, and make sure all ticks are removed from Guests on the table under that drop down box.

When you have set what you want to MEMBERS only, log out and have a look and see if you can see or not see as a guest

oops looks like you beat me too it.
    i edited out what you already said and added a few more important points ass well .
    thanx Punkarella good job :wééé:

Last edited by kirk on September 23rd 2008, 3:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : removed problems answer that was already stated and add a couple more points)