The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the admin/moderator's

4 posters

Go down

For the admin/moderator's Empty For the admin/moderator's

Post by Darren1 October 5th 2008, 11:02 am

hi, i am asking this before i do anything productive with my website.
Moderator and/or Administrator, i am asking if it is possbale, and if i can use forumotion as a forum builder(that i make and watch over) but is for other people in which i give full control of the forum to within a few months of completion.

I am asking this before i do anything, If i am not allowed could u please inform me if you think there is another forum making company that may allow me to do this, I am happy talking privatally by pm if that would work out better.
thank you, Darren

*I dont know where the appropriate topic would be, i think it is here*

Thank you for allowing me Typlo, u rock!!

Last edited by darren1 on October 10th 2008, 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : change topic to solved (again))
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

For the admin/moderator's Empty Re: For the admin/moderator's

Post by Caihlem October 5th 2008, 2:04 pm

Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand what it is you are asking though. Can you please develop more exactly what you count on doing Smile
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 6th 2008, 1:08 am

I intent to make a website that comercally makes forums for free, and i am asking for permission use forumotion as my main forum maker
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 6th 2008, 12:58 pm

Hum, after I searched the ToS there is nothing there that says you cannot do this, but if you start to sell the forums thats where you run into trouble. I would wait for confermation from an Admin befor starting this.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 7th 2008, 12:15 am

im doing it commercially, but for free and im waiting for confermation that i can do it with forumotion, hence is the reason on why i made this topic.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 7th 2008, 6:18 am

Can someone please ask caihlem -- the admin to please come online so we can sort this out please
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 7th 2008, 2:03 pm

I don't really understand what is the point of your idea, but anyway you can't create a free forum hosting using Forumotion infrastructure.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 8th 2008, 12:22 am

ok, thank you Typlo, I just wanted to check with forumotion before i did anything, You may now lock this tpoic, thanks
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 8th 2008, 1:25 pm

Typlo wrote:I don't really understand what is the point of your idea, but anyway you can't create a free forum hosting using Forumotion infrastructure.

i think what he is saying, if he can create forums on forumotion then give them to someone. hand it over?

well yea i guess you can create all the forums you want and hand them over.
just make sure that anthing you create when you hand it over is not breaking any tos.
(like dont design an adult forum for adult content then hand it over)

but when you give the forum over to someone then it is there responsibility.
i actually dont see why anyone would want to do this? unless there helping a friend or friends design some things.. but what ever the case if that's what your asking?
then there's nothing that says you can not create forums for other people and give it to them to take over.

and who's the say you cant charge people if they want to pay.
you cant advertise it as doing it for any certain form host. you can just say your a forum creator designer. your client chooses what host/server even paid forums if that's what they wish?what ever they want to go with.
and you design it to what they want for them for a fee..it has nothing to do with any forum host. your just designing and creating it to there liking(themes). kind of like a web designer, the same concept. custom themes in a sense..

but seems silly that anyone would pay for that. wares the fun it that. but then again
there are lazy people and they'll pay for anything these days... lol

actually think of it as

Freelance Web designer for hire.
for all website/blogs/forums.

heck forumotion should offer that.. hahaha the'll be happy to create your forum for a small fee.. hahaha

ching ching.. not a bad idea.but easier said then done.
plus this has bin done before. i'm sure if you google it. you will find many that beat ya to the Punch already?

Last edited by kirk on October 9th 2008, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 9th 2008, 12:24 am

Damn someone beat me!
im would have been doing it as an out-of-school type of thing for a bit of fun and it would have been free.

"i think what he is saying, if he can create forums on forumotion then give them to someone. hand it over?"--Quote
That is exactally what im trying to sayi just didnt know the words at the time.

And as for the tos I would make sure that the person has read them before I start to make it, then i would make sure they read it again before I hand it over to them.

But i beleive i have done the right thing and asked for permission before i did anything, and as typlo has stated, i cannot do it Sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

But ay, im oveing on. Unless another admin has anything to about it, or if the post above changes an admins opinion(which i would love to happen) I dont mind it if i still cant do it.

Last edited by darren1 on October 9th 2008, 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix the quote up and i forgot to add something)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 9th 2008, 1:16 am

darren1 wrote:

"i think what he is saying, if he can create forums on forumotion then give them to someone. hand it over?"--Quote
That is exactally what im trying to sayi just didnt know the words at the time.

ha ha that's funny.
dont blame these guy's they get the same questions day in and day out. so sometimes if things are not worded wright they might not understand. that's why you have to try to be as detailed as possible.

they do a great job here. it stinks that they have to here so much garbage from people sometimes but when your working on a support forum, as staff you can expect them things.. i dont mind helping with what i can when i can. but as far as working on a support forum? not!!! that's when Mr nice kirk turns into Mr Meany pants.. lol

keep up the good work all staff admins and members salut

OK Lil off topic
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 9th 2008, 3:14 am

yea, but off topic 4 a reason because the staff are sooo damn awesome!!!
anyways bak on topic
I tried to be as detailed as i could in the first post but I just had a blank mind at that time, should I make the question "unsoved" ? just to check because you explained it much better than I ever could, because i would really love to do ti
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 9th 2008, 9:56 am

creating forums for others would be allowed Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 9th 2008, 1:59 pm

Ok lets see if I can break this down:

You want to make a forum with your email, password. After it is all completed-images forums etc you want to turn it over to another person or person(s).

If the above is true yes you can do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 9th 2008, 3:10 pm

Kilsek wrote:Ok lets see if I can break this down:

You want to make a forum with your email, password. After it is all completed-images forums etc you want to turn it over to another person or person(s).

let me add that you can do it if you do not do it for any money,

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 9th 2008, 3:36 pm

dragonfir731 wrote:

Drag~

yes you can hand over any forum of yours to someone.
you can create a forum under your address for someone then give it to them under
there address and pass and have nothing to do with it anymore?
all you do id delete the forum then add in the address for the new owner. now it's theres Smile

dragonfir731 wrote:

Drag~

ok dragonfir731 i have three friends.they all want forums but do not have the time to create them and most of the time will have someone else/staff running them.
they come to me b/c i'm a forum freak and each say they will give me a 100$ a pice if i can create there forum and theme they way they want it.

well guess what. kirk just made him self a quick 300$ my friend banana lol.
so now i put a add out in the news paper or on the web saying I'll create forums for people that do not have the time for a small fee. whats to say i can not do that?
i'm doing all the work on creating it to the best i can for what ever theme they want.
then i give them the forum and it's there's now. i no longer have nothing to do with it.

now if your were going to do something like this as a business/company? there are some legal and tax issues and would probably have to have some sort of license or permit. but other then that if someone wants to pay me to hook up there forum b/c they do not have the time. then kirk would be jumping on that and making some easy money like white on rice. ching a ling a ling ling ching.. hahahaha.

now of course lets be reasonable now. most are not going to pay for something they can do there selves for free. but if asked.. dang write show me the money Smile
I'll hook em up nice too Smile then they can come see me in six months or a year latter when they want a change... ching ching.. hahah.

actually i would do it for friends or help someone i don't even know for free.
i live for da forum stuff. but if offered cash. daddy dint raise no fool Wink
i would take that faster then Typlo strumming his guitar up there guitar
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 9th 2008, 6:18 pm

well guess what. kirk just made him self a quick 300$ my friend banana lol.
so now i put a add out in the news paper or on the web saying I'll create forums for people that do not have the time for a small fee. whats to say i can not do that?
i'm doing all the work on creating it to the best i can for what ever theme they want.
then i give them the forum and it's there's now. i no longer have nothing to do with it.

Well that is in essence starting your own buisness, you are making a profit of something.

EX: If I go out and mow people's lawns for $20 one day, it is a buisness like it or not.

Now it is a different matter if they offer to pay.

now of course lets be reasonable now. most are not going to pay for something they can do there selves for free. but if asked.. dang write show me the money

that is EXACTLY what you cannot do.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I have cleared this up for you.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 10th 2008, 1:01 am

yea, the last few posts have helped me out anfair bit, thanks guys and thakn you Typlo for allowing me to do it thank you all loove

Hay Kirk im sending you a PM, please reply

Thank you to all!!
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 10th 2008, 1:31 am

dragonfir731 wrote:
that is EXACTLY what you cannot do.

why? lol
i'm not going to argue. (lol)
my points are more of my opinions and the way i see it on this matter.
look at it this way. what if someone that has a forum already wants to hire
or pay someone to create there forums theme. forumotion cant not tell someone they can not pay someone to do that for them if they want to.

why would they care? as long as there's no tos being broken then they can pay anyone they want to do what ever to there forum. that's like saying if you wanted to pay your mods you can.

so you have a forum you want to hire someone to hook it up for you. you find someone online that dose this and hire them. it's the same thing?
remember i did say if you were running a business or company like this. there are tax and legal issues and you would need to be licensed or have some sort of permits.

so I'll look into the legal part of things.. when do you want to kick off our new company Razz just kidding my friend lol
so that's all i have to say on this. this thread could have bin locked b/f
but hey turned into a good discussion. and i totally respect your opinion
i just feel that there are no laws saying you can not do this. but there are the issues of taxes and possible license or permits.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I have cleared this up for you.

Drag~[/quote]
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 10th 2008, 1:39 am

and i totally respect your opinion

as do I. I am also going to take another look in the ToS just to clear things up.

Drag~

Back to top Go down