The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm unclear on admin verification system

Go down

I'm unclear on admin verification system Empty I'm unclear on admin verification system

Post by MWGAustralia October 9th 2008, 7:58 am

I'm setting up a forum for a group of us who play an online wargame. We expect our "enemies" to eventually find the forum and try to spy on us Shocked, so I'm not allowing users to confirm their own signups. Instead, I'm using admin verification.

When someone registers, I receive two emails. The first email, with the subject "New user registration," has a link that takes me to the user's profile. However, in that profile, I cannot see the email the user used to register, so I can't tell if I should allow that user or not.

The second email, with the subject "New user account," has a link that simply activates the user account without showing me anything.

The only way I can tell if I want to accept a registration is based on the email the user used to register, so how can I do that?
MWGAustralia

Language : English

Back to top Go down

I'm unclear on admin verification system Empty Re: I'm unclear on admin verification system

Post by Guest October 9th 2008, 8:31 am

Admin Panel > Users & Groups > Inactive Users > Click on the username of the unregistered member > Check Details > Scroll down to "User is Active" > Yes | No > Save

Back to top Go down