The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea?

2 posters

Go down

members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea? Empty members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea?

Post by swansong 13/10/2008, 21:42

members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea? Cantedit

even with this setting... members cant edit.. please help

this happened a couple of days ago... dunno what happened...

Last edited by swansong on 13/10/2008, 21:51; edited 1 time in total
swansong
swansong

Female Posts : 20
Language : english

http://diypinoyhcpunk.com

Back to top Go down

members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea? Empty Re: members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea?

Post by Guest 13/10/2008, 21:43

Hi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem. Cool

Back to top Go down

members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea? Empty Re: members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea?

Post by swansong 14/10/2008, 05:54

????still nothing?? Shocked
swansong
swansong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/10/2008, 13:25

Do you have an edit button in place? Are the settings for all the forums?

Back to top Go down

Post by swansong 14/10/2008, 14:19

no.. just this one category... but it was working fine before.. i dunno why the forum's edit function was nowhere in sight for members... i'll try to reactivate the edit function for all categories...
swansong
swansong

Back to top Go down

Post by VicariousRogue 19/10/2008, 16:07

Mine does not have this option on the permissions panel to allow members to edit their own posts. It just has View and Read, Post, Special Messages, and Moderation.

My members can edit their posts but only for a short amount of time.
VicariousRogue

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/2008, 16:21

Also make sure you have set the time period in which a user can edit their post, if this isn't set to None (use implicit) and set to 0 they won't be able to edit their own posts

1. Admin Panel\General\Messages & Emails

2. Make sure "Message edition duration limit for a member :" is checked for a large time scale or is set to "None (use implicit) "

members cant edit their topic posts .. any idea? Xoqwwi

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down