The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you make images have transparent backgrounds?

3 posters

Go down

transparent - How do you make images have transparent backgrounds? Empty How do you make images have transparent backgrounds?

Post by durfdo October 15th 2008, 3:15 am

How DO you make images have transparent backgrounds? Know of a FREE program that does it? Not a shareware program, but FREEWARE.

Thanks!
durfdo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

transparent - How do you make images have transparent backgrounds? Empty Re: How do you make images have transparent backgrounds?

Post by ChadmStraight October 15th 2008, 4:55 am

paint.net is the name of a free program that will allow this

www.paint.net is the website
when you get to the page, click the link at the top right of the page

you must save the file as a .gif or .png
those will support transparent backgrounds.

also if you search for the forums on www.paint.net you can find a free program to make animated gifs
ex: emoticons, animated banners.
ChadmStraight
ChadmStraight
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

transparent - How do you make images have transparent backgrounds? Empty Re: How do you make images have transparent backgrounds?

Post by Carryn October 15th 2008, 5:06 am

www.gimp.com
it's free.

here's another link for Gimp tutorial on creating paths/renders
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by durfdo October 16th 2008, 2:49 am

Thanks! I'm using paint.net... I dunno, it looks easier. But thanks for your help! I may come back here in case it doesn't work out! Hey, do you want to visit my website and see how it looks? No one ever comes, and if they do, they never come back... Could you spare just a little bit of your time? (I tend to put people in the guilt trip. Some jerk on DSU said so.)

here's my site if you want to visit, you don't have to, but it's appreciated. If you come, you should at least come once a day and post at least once. You could also use the chatbox. No, it's fine, no one ever uses it anyway, so give at it! That would also be appreciated:

http://ratio-games.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Some content requires flash.
durfdo

Language : English

Back to top Go down