The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get rid of google ads

+10
runawayhorses
Brad38
efbe
Brandon
krmosaic
MAHAM
swansong
Adiex
Hayley
justmecookin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to get rid of google ads - Page 2 Empty How to get rid of google ads

Post by justmecookin October 20th 2008, 1:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

All of a sudden I have google ads on the login...How do I get rid of them?
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Language : English

http://justmecookin.foromotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

How to get rid of google ads - Page 2 Empty Re: How to get rid of google ads

Post by Brad38 October 21st 2008, 4:40 pm

runawayhorses wrote:
Brad38 wrote:Any suggestions, anybody?
Yes its really quite simple, you have to choose the "Members and anonymous :" option when you pay to have the ads removed, You need to choose the additional time during which ads will be disabled for your members and your guests.

If you choose the other one just for members it won't remove the ads at login becuase technically you are still a guest and/or "anonymous" until you are signed in.

Thanks Runawayhorses....

I see what I did wrong and just wasted 300 credits. Sad Hate these ads....the only positive thing is that they don't show up for members when they sign in, but still don't like them. Sad
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ken October 21st 2008, 9:07 pm

well as the saying goes "if something seems too good to be true it probably is" free forum, no ads Mad i have 3 forums and 2 have no ads and very low membership, one has 200 members with ads Shocked , its ashame that forumotion have gone down this path, i myself have resisted putting ads on my forum because i dont think it fair to users (guests or members) to be bombarded with ads when browsing the forum after all if they want to find something its only a google search away. when i set up my forums i chose to use forumotion because it seemed different to all the other free forums out there covered with ads! but now we have ads on our forums, what is it that seperates forumotion from all the other free forum providers out there????????????????????

if it isnt broke dont fix it.

come on forumotion sort this out
ken
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 22nd 2008, 12:08 am

look into ad-block-plus for firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

gets rid of those garbage banner ads that nobody clicks on anyways
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooz October 22nd 2008, 12:51 am

Brandon wrote:look into ad-block-plus for firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

gets rid of those garbage banner ads that nobody clicks on anyways

Is that just for my browser though? I'm more worried about my younger members... Confused
Sooz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 22nd 2008, 1:06 am

well you shouldn't have young kids on your forum & just pay and remove them

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooz October 22nd 2008, 1:08 am

spook wrote:well you shouldn't have young kids on your forum & just pay and remove them

Which is all very well if you have money to chuck away...sadly I don't.
Sooz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 22nd 2008, 1:17 am

forumotion forum are free so you got to expect google ads Smile

only way you going have a free ads forum if you pay for your own forum Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by sharon030161 October 24th 2008, 4:39 am

ken wrote:well as the saying goes "if something seems too good to be true it probably is" free forum, no ads Mad i have 3 forums and 2 have no ads and very low membership, one has 200 members with ads Shocked , its ashame that forumotion have gone down this path, i myself have resisted putting ads on my forum because i dont think it fair to users (guests or members) to be bombarded with ads when browsing the forum after all if they want to find something its only a google search away. when i set up my forums i chose to use forumotion because it seemed different to all the other free forums out there covered with ads! but now we have ads on our forums, what is it that seperates forumotion from all the other free forum providers out there????????????????????

if it isnt broke dont fix it.

come on forumotion sort this out

i totally agree with you ken. my forum is only 1 month old. i log in tonight and google ads are all under my header. it really makes it unattractive. i have also sent PM's to administrators about another problem that i had and still have not gotten a reply!
i am very disappointed and mad! Mad
sharon030161

Female Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ October 24th 2008, 8:58 am

the reason why there are ads on the forums, is cuz everytime someone clicks the ad forumotion gets paid. so if theres 1 million people that click it a day, and they get .5 cents a click, they make 500,000 a day from people clicking the ads. thats one of their ways to make money and part of the reason why they charge you to remove them. so either way their still gonna make their money off us or other people out there.
RCMZ
Forumember

http://mytestforum.activebb.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 25th 2008, 7:31 am

RCMZ wrote:the reason why there are ads on the forums, is cuz everytime someone clicks the ad forumotion gets paid. so if theres 1 million people that click it a day, and they get .5 cents a click, they make 500,000 a day from people clicking the ads. thats one of their ways to make money and part of the reason why they charge you to remove them. so either way their still gonna make their money off us or other people out there.
Thumb down
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by ken October 27th 2008, 6:14 pm

every now and again i google search my site to see where it is in the results and when i clicked on my site i could not believe my eyes , google ads top and bottom what a joke totally different to how it normally looks so i can only imagine that when potential new members see this they don't even bother to sign up, 10 months of getting my page to look just right and what for ? thanks forumotion absolute class,, so google search your sites and see what they look like you mite be surprised What the fuck ?!?
ken
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 27th 2008, 6:21 pm

ken wrote:every now and again i google search my site to see where it is in the results and when i clicked on my site i could not believe my eyes , google ads top and bottom what a joke totally different to how it normally looks so i can only imagine that when potential new members see this they don't even bother to sign up, 10 months of getting my page to look just right and what for ? thanks forumotion absolute class,, so google search your sites and see what they look like you mite be surprised What the fuck ?!?

typlo as already said he as to look at the forum to see if it's breaks any TOS before they are turn on

if they didn't place ads on their forums it will mean no free forums Smile and you would have to pay £60 odd par year & update it by yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by ken October 27th 2008, 7:40 pm

i think you are missing the point spook why is there more adds on a google search??? and if the adds are so important why is it i see no adds on this forum with 84 users online?????????????
ken
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 27th 2008, 8:14 pm

ken wrote:i think you are missing the point spook why is there more adds on a google search??? and if the adds are so important why is it i see no adds on this forum with 84 users online?????????????

because they dont want google ads on here that why, they have to make money if your forum dint have ads you wouldn't have a free forum SIMPLE AS!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2