The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reported Abuses

2 posters

Go down

Reported Abuses Empty Reported Abuses

Post by Kaeryl October 25th 2008, 11:57 pm

Hello there

A rival forum has taken it upon themselves to begin spamming our reported abuses with rubbish (they can't even view the forum) in order to get my forum taken down. If I deal with these abuses and just check them as dealt with, will the volume received against my forum still raise alarm bells at forumotion and get us taken down? Is there any way to email someone at forumotion who deals with the abuses section so that they are aware of this attack?

They genuinely are just a load of rubbish and it's actually pretty annoying. *eye roll*
Kaeryl

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Reported Abuses Empty Re: Reported Abuses

Post by Brandon October 26th 2008, 12:06 am

If they can't see the forum, then there's nothing to report. The page in question would be the log in page. I think the reports are there as a warning for the admin to take action before forumotion technicians have to get involved.
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Reported Abuses Empty Re: Reported Abuses

Post by Kaeryl October 26th 2008, 12:15 am

Ah good. None of them have accounts and registration is admin activated (annoyingly as a result of a previous "attack"!) so it would just be the login page that the reports were coming from. I was just worried that the amount of reports would look bad. :X

Cheers. Smile
Kaeryl

Back to top Go down