The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use?

3 posters

Go down

If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use? Empty If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use?

Post by HEMISFEAR 31/10/2008, 21:07

Someone help me with this? We're thinking about using VBulletin but want to retain our Domain Name..??
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use? Empty Re: If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use?

Post by Darren1 31/10/2008, 21:22

You CANNOT use a forumotion forum on another forum hoster.
you would ahve to rebuild ur forum on the hoster u want.

Anyway, what do u dislike about Forumotion?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use? Empty Re: If I switch to different Forum Software, how do I obtain my URL Domain Name to Re-Use?

Post by HEMISFEAR 31/10/2008, 21:37

No, I understand that we cannot use the forumotion forum and it's software, but we'd like to continue to use the URL that we registered through Forumotion. I like the forumotion software but our members (who are most familiar with VBulletin are asking for that). Anyone know how we retain the URL and get the necessary information needed to re-utilize it for a new forum (same name) based on different forum software?
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by HEMISFEAR 2/11/2008, 16:48

Is this question being treated as top secret classified material LOL???
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlinz 2/11/2008, 16:56

Merlinz
Merlinz
Forumember

Male Posts : 67

http://www.walesfforwm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HEMISFEAR 13/11/2008, 14:05

I have followed all the directions and hopefully had my PM forwarded to the administrator in charge...I have yet to recieve a response with the needed information.
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Back to top Go down