The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Invision CSS] Code Issues

2 posters

Go down

[Invision CSS] Code Issues Empty [Invision CSS] Code Issues

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 2:19 am

The forum tables, when not using the Admin Message, covers the 'You Last Visited' box.
[Invision CSS] Code Issues Ipberr10

When using the Admin Message, there's an overlap. (see below)
[Invision CSS] Code Issues Ipberr11

Does anyone know where in the CSS I can adjust the margin to show both the 'You Last Visited' and the Admin Message without any overlapping each other and the forum table?

Last edited by Kyouri on November 12th 2008, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

[Invision CSS] Code Issues Empty Re: [Invision CSS] Code Issues

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 7:29 pm

bump...

Seems my first post issue is not the only CSS issue I'm having with the new IPB skin. As you can see from the above images, I added borders to the tables and had category header images, although the navlink images weren't working. I get up this morning and while the navlink images are working, ALL of the CSS editing I did yesterday is gone, and now I can't even edit the CSS??? And to top it off, every time I try to upload an image in the admin panel, my browser gets closed out.

Some help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

*EDIT
Never mind! I'll just stick with punBB until.. or unless.. a technician fixes all the bugs. Go ahead and lock/delete this thread, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2008, 9:25 pm

hey kyouri... you have changed the category bar now... to a darker red one... and the forum looks fine...

another thing is that your forum is not IPB its punBB
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 9:34 pm

Yea, I changed it to punBB this morning, after I couldn't get the IPB CSS to take any of my modifications that I made yesterday, and the image uploads kept shutting down my browser. Mind you, this is the first time I've used punBB and I'm kinda liking it, so like I said in my edit, I'll stick with it until all the bugs are squished. Which I'm sure, one day they will be. I just don't want to continue tweaking and getting a migraine over them until they are taken care of. Thanks for taking a look, tho, Jalokim.

Back to top Go down

Post by sakunet November 7th 2008, 9:47 pm

how u make your category shining effect like that? only see that in phpbb 3..care to teach me? im using invision rite now..
sakunet

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 9:54 pm

It's just an image that I did up in photoshop and uploaded it. Of course I'm using punBB right now, but you can still do it with Invision, too.

If it doesn't work through the admin panel's pics, then you can add it directly to the CSS once you've uploaded it. Since I'm no longer using IPB and therefore can't check my CSS for it, you can ask Jalokim, as he's using IPB, and he'll be able to tell you where to input the img url for your category headers. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by sakunet November 8th 2008, 3:19 am

owh ok tanx...in invision at cpanel dont have the option to upload category image..

guest i have to use css than..tanx !! very good of u to reply my question.. Very Happy Very Happy
sakunet

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 8th 2008, 3:59 am

No problem, and good luck. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 12th 2008, 5:50 pm

*bump

Waited until after the dust settled and smothered out some of the bugs, but I'm back to using the Invision version. While the nav images are back, the 'You last visited' bar is still MIA. Does it only show up if you're using the Admin Message box? If so, perhaps that should be changed?

Also, not being CSS savvy, I have no idea where to find the code in the CSS that covers the page numbers. All of the topics and categories that have multiple pages have the page numbers covered up with a dark box to where no one can see the page number itself. I know that means that the background color and the text color are the same, but I have no idea where the code is to correct the box effect. I'd like to remove it altogether without having it affect any other portion of the pages. So if you're using the IPB CSS, would you please let me know where this code is? Thank you.

*Edit:
Never mind about the second part, it's under the 'pagination' portion of the CSS for both the topic page numbers and the category page numbers.

Still need help with the original issue, tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 21st 2008, 4:00 pm

*bump

Another unresolved issue of mine... buried on page 2. Very good

Back to top Go down