Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved] Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved]

Drow
    Drow

Female Posts : 11
    Language : English

Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved] Empty Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved]

Post by Drow November 13th 2008, 1:42 pm

Can someone please tell me how to remove an @ sign next to my name in a chat-box.

I have not found a way yet, maybe it's because I am getting old that I am not understanding how these Forums work or maybe my age is causing me to miss more stuff out....lol

Please help, I will keep trying though, by chance I may work it out.

Thank you.
    bye
    Drow
    Drow

Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved] Empty Re: Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved]

Post by Drow November 13th 2008, 4:33 pm

I will assume that nobody knows the answer or nobody cares about my problem, either way the results are the same, I have not found a way to remove the @ sign yet.
    scratch
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
    Language : scotch och aye!

Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved] Empty Re: Can I remove the @ sign in a Chat-Box? [solved]

Post by zinex November 13th 2008, 4:45 pm

I dont personally believe this is possible as it will be part of the chatbox code, which we dont have access to. Smile
    Drow
    Drow

Post by Drow November 13th 2008, 4:53 pm

Ok, thank you Zinex, I will stop looking for a way then. x

Post by Guest November 13th 2008, 4:54 pm

Zinex is correct you cannot remove it. I have tried and you need access to the database which we cannot here at Forumotion
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
    Language : scotch och aye!

Post by zinex November 13th 2008, 4:58 pm

you are welcome and as this is now answered for you drow i will lock this topic Smile