The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTML & excess blank space in a post

2 posters

Go down

HTML & excess blank space in a post Empty HTML & excess blank space in a post

Post by SophieDophs November 17th 2008, 9:50 pm

Sorry if I'm repeating something, but I've done a search and couldn't find an answer to this issue.

I'm testing out my 'test forum' and I want to post a new topic - with the body of the topic in HTML (a HTML table).

HTML is enabled in both admin CP and also in my profile - I've checked this.

However, when I paste the code and preview before posting, two screens worth of blank space appears before the table. Then when I try to post, I get an error message that my post is too big.

Where is all this extra space coming from? Is it something in my HTML table code that's causing it? Or something else?

Thanks for your time.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375
Language : English

Back to top Go down

HTML & excess blank space in a post Empty Re: HTML & excess blank space in a post

Post by Guest November 17th 2008, 10:03 pm

can you please provide a link to your forum along with the forum version Very Happy

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

HTML & excess blank space in a post Empty Re: HTML & excess blank space in a post

Post by SophieDophs November 17th 2008, 10:58 pm

Thanks Craig. I'm unable to actually post the page in question. I'm using Invision.

Here's the screen shots of the attempted post, if this helps:

HTML & excess blank space in a post Untitl10

HTML & excess blank space in a post Untitl11

As you can see, there is a huge amount of space before the HTML table appears:

HTML & excess blank space in a post Untitl12

HTML & excess blank space in a post Untitl13

HTML & excess blank space in a post Untitl14

I keep getting the "post is too big" message and I can't get rid of the excess space.

http://crashtestforum.nice-board.net/index.htm
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 17th 2008, 11:08 pm

Hmmmmm, If you want to post the code you are trying to use, If not please PM me the code, It appears that your forum is repeating the code somehow,

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 18th 2008, 12:00 am

Ok just to let everyone know whats gong on here

While selecting the a/A to the right hand side of the IPB post section and then un selecting it again , The html code used here is being converted into bbcode and is removing all the errors and large spaces so the code works and the spaces are removed

However this does convert it from HTML to BBcode which some members dont want to happen Smile

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 18th 2008, 12:05 am

That's the Advanced Editor function isn't it?

Allowing WIZYWIG..etc??
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 18th 2008, 12:23 am

Thats exactly correct Razz

That feature allows the convertion of the HTML tags to BBcode and also the display as you add the code Smile

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down