Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts

summermac

Language : English

Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts Empty Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts

Post by summermac November 19th 2008, 6:52 pm

When I read my board today, it requires me to scroll across to read a complete post. Before the post was entirely on my monitor.

Our current skin is Prosilver Red English from hitskin. (phbBB3)

I tried adjusting the "forum width" under the configuration tab. I don't want to keep going in and changing it over & over and changing what the members see while I figure it out.

Is there some code I need to put in b/c the forum width thing didn't seem to make any difference on my screen, even at like 85%.
    NOBLE CANADIAN
    NOBLE CANADIAN
    Forumember

Male Posts : 176

Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts Empty Re: Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN November 21st 2008, 2:32 am

Hello,

Try and see if this works:

Go to: Administration Panel > Display > Colors (under 'Pictures and Colors' in left column) > Click on the 'CSS Stylesheet' tab. Try and find the following exact line of code:

Code:
    #wrap {
    There should be a width set below this line of code (example: width: 83%;). Change the percentage to match your preferences, don't remove the semicolon. When finished, click 'Submit'.

Be careful when editing the CSS Stylesheet. It's usually a good idea to copy and paste the original code into a word program for easy backup.
    Intimidator Fan Forever
    Intimidator Fan Forever

Male Posts : 11

Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts Empty Re: Fixing board to not require scrolling across to read posts

Post by Intimidator Fan Forever November 21st 2008, 1:34 pm

See this post. The problem still exists. Hopefully it will be addressed and corrected soon.

https://help.forumotion.com/manage-the-appearance-of-your-forum-f45/my-forum-width-cannot-be-adjusted-t30761.htm