The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spacing disappearing between sentences when saving text to a category

3 posters

Go down

Solved Spacing disappearing between sentences when saving text to a category

Post by Hutch November 19th 2008, 9:36 pm

[b]If this question seems inane to those of you who are computer literate please accept my apologies in advance.
When i copy and paste stuff into the site it looks grammatically correct but when i save it some part of the program does not recognize the spaces as spaces and runs the sentencing together. I have no programming experience whatsoever ( obviously) and have tried putting the stuff into a notepad and copying from there.
I do not know what most of the aconyms in a forum even stand for so have no idea how to change whats happening in our forum.
Can anyone give me some advice help on this? i looked in the FAQ but do not see this topic so i hope i am not repeating something already posted somewhere.

an example of what i am talking about is when i put the text about this line into a category on the forum i created the spacing between the period after the last word in the first sentence and the first word in the second sentence would disappear when its saved.
so

My name is Hutch. i am a newbie and asking this question.
would become the following text;

My name is Hutch.i am a newbie and asking this question.would become the following text

The spaces between the sentences in paragraphs disappear when i save the thread
[/b]

Last edited by Hutch on November 22nd 2008, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i dont know if that took the bold out or not but if it did not please feel free to delete this post anyways as it doesnt look like i will be getting any help this year)
Hutch

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Spacing disappearing between sentences when saving text to a category

Post by Hutch November 20th 2008, 10:31 pm

If i put a list in like the following ;

Agriculture
Brian.
Charles
David
Elizabeth
Freya
Gary
Harold
Ian
John.
Kayla

It becomes this

followingAgriculture.Brian.Charles.David;Elizabeth.FreyaGary.Harold.IanJohnKayla
Doesnt seem to matter how i puncutate it the spaces just disappear like the word processor takes them away to save space or something??
Hutch

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Spacing disappearing between sentences when saving text to a category

Post by zinex November 21st 2008, 1:24 pm

which editor are you using? try selecting the a/A tab to change editor and see if it happens again. Please also can you remove the bold from your first post, it is reserved for staff. Thank you Wink
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 21st 2008, 1:28 pm

I'm not exactly sure when you say 'category' if you're referring to creating a category in the admin panel and typing the information in the description section. If so, then it is set up to use html. All you need to do is place
Code:
<br>
at the end of each sentence and it will line break for you in the right place. But if you're talking about another area, then what Zinex said would seem the most likely solution. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch November 22nd 2008, 12:41 am

zinex wrote:which editor are you using? try selecting the a/A tab to change editor and see if it happens again. Please also can you remove the bold from your first post, it is reserved for staff. Thank you Wink

i obviously ( as stated )do not have a clue about editors html etc or i would not be on this support forum asking for assistance. I will remove the post not just the font ok? Sorry i didnt mean to look Bright Shocked
Hutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa November 22nd 2008, 1:21 am

Hi, Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down