The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion on Titles...

2 posters

Go down

Confusion on Titles... Empty Confusion on Titles...

Post by Guest November 21st 2008, 9:51 pm

Having been through almost every single topic on at least the first page of every forum here, today, I've come across one where Caihlem tries to point out that the Moderators on here are the 'helpers'... the ones that do the clean up of the forums by locking them... mainly. Just a thread where someone was asking for another group to be added.

I've seen that at least one of the Global Mods, Zinex, is very well versed in coding and is gracious in helping as many people as possible, but she's only one person and a mother of some young ones. My question is, is that what the Global Mods are for? I mean, is it a prerequisite for them to know coding and such? I'm not asking because I care to try-out for any position on the support board (wouldn't take it even if asked), I'm just curious because I've posted several topics seeking support on coding issues and to date, I've either solved the problem myself or it hasn't been acknowledged by any staff. Jalokim, a Graphic Designer, has helped a bit with some CSS.. which also lends to my question.. who is it that we're to look forward to replying to our coding questions?

I realize the admins have been super busy lately, either taking some much needed holiday, or simmering heated tempers. However, I have to admit that outside of Nessa (global mod), I haven't seen anyone really do much. It's not that I'm complaining about anyone in particular (must throw that in there, as I'm not vying for a warning), but I am getting frustrated in hanging out here for days on end and not having my support questions answered. It's not like I haven't been spending my free time in trying to help others, but I can't really expect to helped by other members as that's supposed to be the reason the members come here, right? To get help from the support staff? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, and my apologies if I am, but I'd really just like to have some help.

Perhaps a new group that deals with nothing but coding.. templates, html, css, etc... could be introduced?

*Edit
Just read another one of Caihlem's responses and yes, I know that the staff cannot be on here 24/7 and I totally appreciate the school issue (on top of the others that I pointed out) as a reason for not being able to be on here. And far be it from me to suggest that maybe more staff is needed in an effort to thwart anyone's authority. I'm just suggesting that maybe a new group be added maybe, one that could answer the questions that are really not for the first-timers? Sorry if that sounded standoffish.. not meaning it to be... sick as hell for the past three days. pale

Back to top Go down

Confusion on Titles... Empty Re: Confusion on Titles...

Post by Caihlem November 21st 2008, 10:05 pm

Hi Kyouri Smile

For the form, I'd have rather you asked in the Only-Topic; questions about ForuMotion, but that's not the issue here Wink

You're confusing the ranks, I think Wink
Moderators (previously Helpers), are there to provide support. That's their role (main, primary and teritary Mr. Green). They also have mod rights over the Support section because it does help them with their job. Some times a topic needs locking
Global Mods aren't the rank above. Their original name is Moderators, but that needed changing when the Helper's name changed. Their job is to keep the forum clean, as a whole. Meaning they're there to lock and junk. I do dmit though I've got my eyes on one for his presence )) Zinex helps, and that's all to her honor, but it isn't her primary role (it's her secondary).

We don't have posts that require good levels of CSS and HTML. It's quite recent that member's actually have questions in those domains. We could do like on another support forum I know of and redirect you to Google, pretexting it isn't "ForuMotion related", but that sucks if you ask me.

Admin wise, no, it's (I'm affraid TT) normal such a low activity. The Godfather and Canceo are just figure heads (stop saying I'm under them >.>). The only two real Admins here are me and Typlo. For myself, I'm normally more present, but Uni matters required less time here. Likewise, Typlo has some issues on his own side too.

I'd like to say we'll be trying to improve our staff, as it is indeed true, but we can't guarantee anything. We can only select members we deem worthy (and who'd accept Razz)
(Also, quite francly, right now we've got alot of fakers trying to get in TT)
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 21st 2008, 10:12 pm

I don't need a title to help people... I already do my best without it..

A title is for those who want it... all you need to be a Mod is a good heart a kind nature and a lot of spare time.. Smile

Saying that, you don't have to be a mod to express all those things in your own way..

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458
Language : English

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 21st 2008, 10:20 pm

Caihlem wrote:Hi Kyouri Smile

For the form, I'd have rather you asked in the Only-Topic; questions about ForuMotion, but that's not the issue here Wink

You're confusing the ranks, I think Wink
Moderators (previously Helpers), are there to provide support. That's their role (main, primary and teritary Mr. Green). They also have mod rights over the Support section because it does help them with their job. Some times a topic needs locking
Global Mods aren't the rank above. Their original name is Moderators, but that needed changing when the Helper's name changed. Their job is to keep the forum clean, as a whole. Meaning they're there to lock and junk. I do dmit though I've got my eyes on one for his presence )) Zinex helps, and that's all to her honor, but it isn't her primary role (it's her secondary).

We don't have posts that require good levels of CSS and HTML. It's quite recent that member's actually have questions in those domains. We could do like on another support forum I know of and redirect you to Google, pretexting it isn't "ForuMotion related", but that sucks if you ask me.

Admin wise, no, it's (I'm affraid TT) normal such a low activity. The Godfather and Canceo are just figure heads (stop saying I'm under them >.>). The only two real Admins here are me and Typlo. For myself, I'm normally more present, but Uni matters required less time here. Likewise, Typlo has some issues on his own side too.

I'd like to say we'll be trying to improve our staff, as it is indeed true, but we can't guarantee anything. We can only select members we deem worthy (and who'd accept Razz)
(Also, quite francly, right now we've got alot of fakers trying to get in TT)
@ Caihlem: LOL.. Alrighty then.. seems I did have the roles all screwed up. It's not like on most forums, where the mods are specific to one area and the global are just that.. global to the whole forum with access just under that of an admin. Thanks for straightening me out on that.

As for Canceo.. no idea who he is. I just noticed his name while you were away on holiday. And besides, everyone knows Caihlem is the real 'godfather' of FM's English boards! That's why everyone walks a straight line when you're here... for the most part. Razz

So.. I'm so tired of Googling.. looks like I won't be able to get much help, as Jalokim has explained to me that the Invision CSS is basic and still intertwined with FM's style of coding. But.. I'll cross my fingers that maybe you can hunt down a French tech that can speak English and they can sort of help out? Very Happy

Thanks, Caihlem for the quick response! And I'm not faking... I'd love to explode but appreciate not being banned. Lol

Demonspike wrote:I don't need a title to help people... I already do my best without it..

A title is for those who want it... all you need to be a Mod is a good heart a kind nature and a lot of spare time.. Smile

Saying that, you don't have to be a mod to express all those things in your own way..

~DS~
@ DS: What? I was just asking about who we were to expect to be our coding support helpers here. If you think you can help, titles don't matter to me either, then please, by all means... go to the support section and answer my questions on IPB CSS coding. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 21st 2008, 10:29 pm

My reply was more for Caihlem, but still...ok

I'l go check and see what I can do.
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458
Language : English

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down