The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me

Go down

Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me Empty Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me

Post by stang man Jonathan November 30th 2008, 1:38 am

http://www.njstangers.com/portal.htm

For over a week, my portal page has been appearing insanely wide and I have no idea why and I was wondering if someone could look into and tell me how to fix it, i set the sizes down to 10% 40% and 10% and it still won't shrink it, something is wrong and I can't fix it on my end.

help please.
stang man Jonathan

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me Empty Re: Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me

Post by Guest November 30th 2008, 2:06 am

I believe it's due to the table of boxes you have in the left column just under your search. The table width is too wide and is stretching the first column way past the 10% you want. You may need to adjust the table to only have two or three boxes per line instead of five. Just to check my assumptions, try removing that module and see what happens to the width of your portal.

Back to top Go down

Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me Empty Re: Portal Page appearing wider than it is? Help me

Post by stang man Jonathan November 30th 2008, 2:32 am

Yeah one of the boxes I removed did it, only problem is that I've had it that way for a long time and this just recently happened on its own.
stang man Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 30th 2008, 2:37 am

I had the same issue pop up last week with my forum news in column two. I had to set the character level really low in order to remove long lines of code for images and such because it started stretching the portal width, too, and like you, it never did that before. I'm glad it helped, but it does seem like more of a tech issue since it's happening on portal pages that haven't been modified. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by stang man Jonathan November 30th 2008, 2:57 am

yeah i hear ya, Im adding in everything manually, hoping it works in fixing it.
stang man Jonathan

Back to top Go down