The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im admin and wants to see members PM

3 posters

Go down

im admin and wants to see members PM Empty im admin and wants to see members PM

Post by kevin December 2nd 2008, 1:28 am

i want to see their Private messege because i think i have a spy, well some one telling someone what im doing so they can do it on thier forum
kevin
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

im admin and wants to see members PM Empty Re: im admin and wants to see members PM

Post by Carryn December 2nd 2008, 1:32 am

You can't see the Private messages. that is why they are called Private
unless you wanted to go into their acct and change the password...but that is pretty low down if you ask me.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

im admin and wants to see members PM Empty Re: im admin and wants to see members PM

Post by Skittles December 2nd 2008, 1:38 am

I repeat and agree with what Psi-chotic has stated. It is an ethical thing. It is PRIVATE for a reason. While there is a way to do it, by what he stated, by changing the persons password. BUT you will not be able to figure out what their old password is, in order to change it back. So they WILL know that you changed it, to access their account.

If you know they are telling a particular person, and this person has told you, then maybe they will be willing to forward the pm on to you for proof or a screen shot. But again, that is kind of an ethics thing as well.

Another thing that popped in my mind is start to give the suspected one or ones, misinformation and see if the same thing happens at the other forum and see if you can narrow down or pinpoint the person doing this.

Other than that....there is nothing you can do. Sad to say this kinda goes with the territory of owning a forum.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down