The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP

Go down

Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP Empty Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP

Post by LRClay March 16th 2007, 11:54 pm

We have a forum that we put all of our old posts in called archives..if we set this forum to auto prune, will the post counts go down on each member who posts were auto pruned? or will they just drop off, as long we have this forum enabled for auto prune?

Also, what is the "basket" forum for? Should old post go there so we don't lose post counts? My concern is that we don't lose post counts for our members..

Thanks , and if anyone has suggestions, could you please help?
LRClay

Female Posts : 5
Language : english

http://bbs4clayaiken.bb-fr.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP Empty Re: Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP

Post by Wiegraf March 17th 2007, 9:15 am

Hello and welcome.

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers :

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequently Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of Editboard.com

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this !

.::To answer to your question ::.

if we set this forum to auto prune, will the post counts go down on each member who posts were auto pruned?
No Wink

Let's say you posted 100 messages. If they are all auto-pruned, you will still have "Posts : 100" under your avatar Smile

Also, what is the "basket" forum for?

Well, if you create a basket forum, you'll have a new moderation icon (called "basket") wich will allow you to send a topic directly to the forum you selected as "basket" (without having to move it, chose a destination and stuff... Wink )

MK
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP Empty Re: Auto pruning and deleting of posts..HELP

Post by LRClay March 17th 2007, 10:14 pm

thanks for replying, my only concern is that we did an auto prune a couple months ago, and i swear it took away some post numbers...so i'm a little worried is all.
LRClay

Female Posts : 5
Language : english

http://bbs4clayaiken.bb-fr.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down