The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding tags

3 posters

Go down

Adding tags Empty Adding tags

Post by MarioMadnessAdmin December 7th 2008, 4:30 am

How do I add extra tags?

For example, if I wanted to make a tag that would make text large, bold, and red, and I wanted it to be like this: [lbr]Large, red, and bold text[/lbr], then the tag made it like that, how do I do that?
MarioMadnessAdmin
Forumember

Male Posts : 31
Language : English

http://mariomadness.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Adding tags Empty Re: Adding tags

Post by Gunhack X December 7th 2008, 2:09 pm

MarioMadnessAdmin wrote:For example, if I wanted to make a tag that would make text large, bold, and red, and I wanted it to be like... etc

You can add your custom Text Sizes and add custom colors, too for your members when they want to post. Ok. I will only give you a tutorial that I made and this will only teach you how to add custom colors in the user posting area:

Tutorial by: Gunhack X

Hello
Hello, guys. This is a very short tutorial about how to add custom colors to your forum.
Remember: This can be only done with phpbb2 version at the moment.

First, Go to:

AP > Display > Templates > Post & Private Messages > posting_body

Open it and you will find something similar as this:

Spoiler:
Now, scroll down the code windows until you find this code line. All the colors properties are after this line:

<div style="visibility: hidden;" class="select" id="color">
Bellow this code you will see all the color properties. I have marked with a green border the property of the Yellow Color.
Spoiler:

You can remove one color If you want too, but remember to remove the correct color code lines. All colors start with
<button style="color:cyan;"...and ends with...</button>

Now, here is what you need to do If you want add a new color to the list:

We have these codes in our HTML document. (Color properties).
<button style="color:darkred;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</button>

<button style="color:red;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">{L_COLOR_RED}</button>

<button style="color:orange;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</button>
Now, add this code after any of the color above. We are going to add a GRAY color to the list. The green code is the new code that we had implement into the list.
<button style="color:grey;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">Grey</button>

<button style="color:darkred;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</button>

<button style="color:red;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">{L_COLOR_RED}</button>

<button style="color:orange;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</button>
If, you wan to add a new color, just modify the RED MARKED code lines in the color properties. For example to add the color Burgundy you will need to write.
<button style="color:burgundy;" onclick="bbfontstyle('', '');selectWysiwyg(this, 'color');return false;" onmouseover="this.className='selectHover';" onmouseout="this.className='';">Burgundy</button>
There is another thing you need to know. The color names will not always work with the HTML Code, so you will need to find another sources to get help about color codes. For example: If you want to add a color name Light Purple sometimes the name will be not recognize by the user browser, so it is more safe to use Color Codes.

For example:
#FF0080 = Light Purple
#804000 = Brown

Here, is a source to begin:

You will need to write only the color (HEX) code into this line:
<button style="color:#804000" onclick="bbfontstyle...
and write the color name into this line: (This is how the color name will appear in the list)
..."this.className='';">Brown</button>
After, this Save it and I recommend to test it before publish it.
Gunhack X
Gunhack X
Forumember

Male Posts : 479
Language : English, Español

http://windows.topgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioMadnessAdmin December 7th 2008, 3:12 pm

Thanks. I'm saving this for when I might want to add more colors, but I'm asking if you can add another tag. You can add smiley codes. When you then type a smiley code, the text that was typed becomes a smiley. I'm asking, can you add something (just for example) [urmom]and the this would be changed to "UR MOM!" and it could be used for secret messages.[/urmom]
MarioMadnessAdmin
Forumember

Male Posts : 31

http://mariomadness.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunhack X December 7th 2008, 5:43 pm

Yeah, that why I gave you that example. In the posting_body there is the area to add new BB codes just study it and you will find it or when you open that HTML page press Crtl+F and find this work [b] for example and there will be all your current BB Codes.
Gunhack X
Gunhack X
Forumember

Male Posts : 479
Language : English, Español

http://windows.topgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by eattheword June 7th 2009, 8:57 pm

In the OP you say to go to:
AP > Display > Templates > Post & Private Messages > posting_body

I can't find such a place. Under Display there is no Templates tab. Am I missing something really obvious here??
eattheword

Back to top Go down