The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abuses

+5
patche_82
magicm00n
WonderMom
kirk
beauty
9 posters

Go down

Abuses Empty Abuses

Post by beauty December 10th 2008, 11:43 pm

I don' t no what to do? A rival forum has reported abuses in order to get my forum taken down. What I've I have do? Please Admin for help?
beauty

Female Posts : 2
Language : serbian

Back to top Go down

Abuses Empty Re: Abuses

Post by kirk December 10th 2008, 11:56 pm

if you do not have anything that is violating tos then you have nothing to worry about. also if you feel that another admin or people from another forum are making false accusations about your forum and trying to get you shut down on spite?send a report your self and explain your situation and what is going on. and once again if are not violating any tos. then they can complain all they want. there not going to shut you down if you are respecting all tos.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by beauty December 11th 2008, 12:37 am

Ok, thank you. But, can I have news (letter press) and protected download for members?
beauty

Female Posts : 2
Language : serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by WonderMom February 11th 2009, 1:36 am

kirk wrote:if you do not have anything that is violating tos then you have nothing to worry about. also if you feel that another admin or people from another forum are making false accusations about your forum and trying to get you shut down on spite?send a report your self and explain your situation and what is going on. and once again if are not violating any tos. then they can complain all they want. there not going to shut you down if you are respecting all tos.

How do I send a report myself explaining a abuse on my form and whom do I send it to. I need assistance rather quickly here.
WonderMom

Female Posts : 24
Language : English

http://wondermoms.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 11th 2009, 2:29 am

Click on the report an abuse tab at the bottom of your main forum page a form will then load for you to fill in with a text box at the bottom of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by WonderMom February 11th 2009, 2:32 am

badger12 wrote:Click on the abuse tab at the bottom of your main forum page.

Thank you, and this is seen by the Admins here? Sorry I have never had an abuse report before and this one is not valid.

Last edited by WonderMom on February 11th 2009, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
WonderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 11th 2009, 2:35 am

Yes it is a direct form.

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n February 11th 2009, 2:16 pm

beauty wrote:I don' t no what to do? A rival forum has reported abuses in order to get my forum taken down. What I've I have do? Please Admin for help?

Just leave it alone and don't worry. I have been in your situation. If you have done nothing wrong then they can't take your forum down. Smile
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Post by WonderMom February 11th 2009, 7:37 pm

badger12 wrote:Yes it is a direct form.

Thank you, so I sent my report and do I hear feedback? How I do know the abuse report is solved or done?
WonderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 11th 2009, 7:46 pm

You will not get any more feedback but they will read your message.

Back to top Go down

Post by patche_82 March 27th 2009, 9:25 pm

kirk wrote:if you do not have anything that is violating tos then you have nothing to worry about. also if you feel that another admin or people from another forum are making false accusations about your forum and trying to get you shut down on spite?send a report your self and explain your situation and what is going on. and once again if are not violating any tos. then they can complain all they want. there not going to shut you down if you are respecting all tos.

What I have to write in that explainiotion?
patche_82

Male Posts : 17
Language : English,Serbian

http://letsthinkabout.forumslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldeclectic November 27th 2009, 3:46 am

Hi I have two reported abuses on my forum spiritualismlink. Both claim defamation although we have legal advice that the the thread concerned is nothing more than fair comment.

Indeed both complaints, although appearing to emanate from different places are from the same person. It seems retaliatory as a response to our complaining about genuine defamation and copyright infringement by them elsewhere on the internet.

However, I cannot read the claims made, is there any way to print the form to look in detail.

Clearly if I find that the material is actually in contravention of TOS I would remove it or lock that topic. The particular subject is, whilst of interesti to many people, hence the traffic especially since their attack upon us, is not the core reason for the forum. Therefore I would remove it before the forum could be closed by you.

However I have very strong legal advice which says these factual matters are neither defaming nor denigrating the person.

I could do with a little advice upon this however.

Jim Warwood
oldeclectic

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 27th 2009, 4:10 am

Hello,

Thank you for being concerned about this such matter, and seeking legal matter.

If these claims (of "abuse") appear to be correct then yes, unfortunately you are required to remove of the explicit content as soon as possible, however if they are not very straight forward and you are not following it, then I believe there is a "senders" email which u can reply to and ask for clarification, however I am not sure about that?

Personally I would recommend to you that you were to lock the topic and wait for a member of staffs' assistance, as they know more than myself on this topic, and I cannot really provide sufficient informations about this topic, as I'm just starting to learn it now.

I have PMed a member of staff who I know knows about this topic, and I’m sure he will reply as son as he can.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by good_intent November 27th 2009, 8:26 am

what if a site was taken down due to violation of TOS and then they build a new site? how do you report the new site identical to the site that was taken down?
good_intent

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 27th 2009, 10:39 am

you may go to the very bottom part of the forum and you''ll find there a link 'Report an abuse' then apply what's needed on the form.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 27th 2009, 11:05 am

zoids25 wrote:you may go to the very bottom part of the forum and you''ll find there a link 'Report an abuse' then apply what's needed on the form.

If you would rather send the complaint to the forumotion official team, rather than the admins of the forum ur complaining about then you would use the litigation forum => https://help.forumotion.com/rules-important-points-f10/complaint-against-a-forum-how-to-t12330.htm
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down