The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "If-something-goes-wrong-everything-goes-wrong"-thread

2 posters

Go down

The "If-something-goes-wrong-everything-goes-wrong"-thread Empty The "If-something-goes-wrong-everything-goes-wrong"-thread

Post by Mr.Killerguitar December 13th 2008, 7:07 pm

Yeah, something to rant about the dumb things that happen to you while caring for your forums, no matter if it's your fault or not.

I just had that beu
As some will for sure have read I asked where I change the forumotion's tag in the url. I found it and changed the address to the one I wanted for a longer time. Like two minutes later I realized that your forum's buisness cards show the old address and I still have 200 of them here. I was like "oh crap! Let's change it back.". But then the old tag wasn't shown I started to get some panic. So I first sent all my members a newsletter saying the link has changed.
Luckily I got the idea that I might have to change the board's language, because there were no .de urls at all. So I wanted to change it and instead of german I got Cetnia or so. Dunno, never saw that bfore. I tried again to change it and it was again not german but that C-something. And then I really got panic, because most of my members can be really silly and wouldn't be able to log in if the board language isn't english anymore... Luckily my co-admin was online and he was able to change it loove . And yes, I was right, with german as language I was able to pick out of the list the old url.
So, I went back to the newsletter box and sent another one to all members saying that the forum's url is now the old one.
Very well, now the members will think I'm retarded or was drunk today ...

And as if that isn't enough, everyone can read my stupidness here fufufu

If we would give out an award for the most stupid action I would definetly have good chances to win it loul

Please don't comment what I did in this thread (send me a pm if you need to laugh about me...). Just write down what happened to you. (Otherwise something like a Cailhem could show up and close this thread)
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

The "If-something-goes-wrong-everything-goes-wrong"-thread Empty Re: The "If-something-goes-wrong-everything-goes-wrong"-thread

Post by Caihlem December 14th 2008, 10:18 am

A Caihlem! affraid
Everyone run from for your lives

The "If-something-goes-wrong-everything-goes-wrong"-thread Rambo-uzi-tire
=> Locked
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down