The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invision Structure Help

Go down

Invision Structure Help Empty Invision Structure Help

Post by paint December 22nd 2008, 11:16 pm

I want to change the theme of my forum- I currently have phpbb2 and I want to switch to an invision skin- What should I be aware of- What do I lose- Do I lose template editing? Also, I see when I preview my forum that the structure is straight- Can I still change the hierarchy afterward? Please answer as soon as possible.
paint
paint
Forumember

Male Posts : 686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Invision Structure Help Empty Re: Invision Structure Help

Post by Guest December 23rd 2008, 6:26 pm

First, yes, you will lose the template editing (for the time being, anyway.. if they add it later). However, the Invision CSS is really easy to modify as it's all pretty self-explanatory on what you're editing.

Yes, you can still change the hierarchy (at least to my knowledge), although you'll be able to collapse the categories with Invision, if you or your members wish to do so.

Also, in the beginning of the new version, the header used to be stretched across the entire top of the screen as where the bodyline (ipbwrapper) was below the entire header section (which included the userlinks). Now, however, it seems that they have modified the wrapper/bodyline to be just like the phpbb versions (much to my dismay).

Also, the profile page layout is a bit different and the tabs for the members to edit their profile info are on the sidebar instead of on top, and accessing a members info is placed into a drop-down menu just above the member's avatar in their posts.

Really, with it still being a basic FM html code, there aren't really many changes other than the brief appearances here and there. All the editing (except template) is exactly the same. Smile

Back to top Go down