The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I cross reference IP addresses?

2 posters

Go down

Can I cross reference IP addresses? Empty Can I cross reference IP addresses?

Post by Badja December 23rd 2008, 2:06 pm

Is there an easy way to check if a list of IP addresses matches with any of my forum members?

I can't seem to find a list of my members' IP addresses in the first place Sad

I need to find out if I have an unauthorised person gaining access with a genuine member's login details.
Badja

Female Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I cross reference IP addresses? Empty Re: Can I cross reference IP addresses?

Post by ken December 23rd 2008, 2:36 pm

Badja wrote:Is there an easy way to check if a list of IP addresses matches with any of my forum members?

I can't seem to find a list of my members' IP addresses in the first place Sad

I need to find out if I have an unauthorised person gaining access with a genuine member's login details.

the short answer is no there is no list of ip's, but when a member makes a post the ip is recorded in the post and you can check it there, it should show other ip's this user has posted from and other users posting from this ip. thats all we can do at the moment untill we are lucky enough to get a new update dealing with this problem.
ken
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Can I cross reference IP addresses? Empty Re: Can I cross reference IP addresses?

Post by Badja December 23rd 2008, 2:42 pm

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply Very Happy

It's strange how you can access this information but it can't be grouped to make these kind of searches easier Mad
Badja

Female Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down