The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using forms to transfer information to post on forums

4 posters

Go down

Using forms to transfer information to post on forums Empty Using forms to transfer information to post on forums

Post by Mbk127K January 21st 2009, 6:33 pm

Hi, my name is Mark, I am currently a gamer and part of a Realism Unit on the gaming mod Day of Defeat. We are currently upgrading our Recruitment objective and have a free form which sends Enlistment's to our unit's main e-mail. But i want to find a way where when someone fills out the form and submits it that it will submit at a topic in our Enlistment category. Like when they submit it all the information is made on a thread. I've seen other units and clans have that and was wondering if there is a way to do that for Forumotion. Please let me know.
Mbk127K

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Using forms to transfer information to post on forums Empty Re: Using forms to transfer information to post on forums

Post by shovel January 22nd 2009, 12:47 am

wrong section...
technical problems.
CLOSE
shovel
shovel
Forumember

Male Posts : 68
Language : English, French and Swedish. Some Spanish, too.

http://4tt4ck3r.buy-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Using forms to transfer information to post on forums Empty Re: Using forms to transfer information to post on forums

Post by Darren1 January 22nd 2009, 12:59 am

Could you please explain a little more of what ur asking please, as I cannot understand ur question very well.

Shovel, this is the right section,
And we cannot make a new thread in the techies section
and were not allowed to moderate people either Wink
ull be modded urself if u mod users, like i have just done a little of
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbk127K January 22nd 2009, 4:51 am

darren1 wrote:Could you please explain a little more of what ur asking please, as I cannot understand ur question very well.

Shovel, this is the right section,
And we cannot make a new thread in the techies section
and were not allowed to moderate people either Wink
ull be modded urself if u mod users, like i have just done a little of

Sorry for not explaining my situation very well Darren.

What i mean to say is i am looking for a way where when i have a Web Form made that when someone fills it out and submits it it would get posted on the forums as a post.

Example:

I want to join my unit which is the 97th ID. They have a website which has an application page where i will fill out all my information. I submit my app. and it appears on a post on the Enlistment thread of the 97th ID.
Mbk127K

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 22nd 2009, 5:14 am

thank you for clarifying it more Mbk127K, i now fully understand what ur asking.

you can make a HTML website, however the capabilities of it i am unaware.
You may be able to get a html code (or something similar) and you may be able to get it your web form that way, however thats the only way I am aware that you can do such a thing.

Otherwise you would have to get a website and do a single page with the web form from there.

I hope this is understandable.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa January 22nd 2009, 1:29 pm

shovel wrote:wrong section...
technical problems.
CLOSE

Shovel, do not moderate other members here, as that is reserved for staff only.
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by shovel January 22nd 2009, 9:41 pm

Nessa wrote:
shovel wrote:wrong section...
technical problems.
CLOSE

Shovel, do not moderate other members here, as that is reserved for staff only.
no im just saying its wrong section so it would be closed!!1
no big deal Very Happy
ps no offense but you sound selfish "RESERVED TO STAFF ONLY!!!!"sounds depressing 0.o
shovel
shovel
Forumember

Male Posts : 68
Language : English, French and Swedish. Some Spanish, too.

http://4tt4ck3r.buy-forum.com

Back to top Go down