The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments

+3
:)tayne:)
Sanket
DeathSoul
7 posters

Go down

Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments Empty Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 5:43 am

I've used the js-kit as well as tried others in the personal profiles, but the problem is that no one on the forum can see their own profile in the same way another member can. The only thing that shows up when we try to view our own profile pages (by clicking the same thing another member would to view our profile page) is the information page. There's a post about this in the 'need of a technician' section, and a pm was just sent to Caihlem earlier this evening (he hasn't been back on to retrieve the pm yet). So how will this work if we cannot see the comments others post on our profile page because all we get is the personal profile field with the code embedded in it? :/

Back to top Go down

Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments Empty Re: Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments

Post by DeathSoul February 19th 2009, 11:44 am

We also have the same problem
DeathSoul
DeathSoul
Forumember

Male Posts : 369
Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments Empty Re: Re Placehold's Post - Community Profile Comments

Post by Sanket February 19th 2009, 2:10 pm

I know there is some issue with it. Wait till Placehold get's back. Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 3:36 pm

While it sucks that any of us are having this issue, I have to admit that it's nice to see that my forum isn't the only the one.

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 19th 2009, 5:42 pm

I have the same issue.
Forumember

Male Posts : 794

http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 5:47 pm

The site doesn't recognise my website :S

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 19th 2009, 8:20 pm

is it working for anyone!?
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 9:38 pm

I don't think so, and if it is, it's only a select few. Another forumotion site that I'm a member of, as well as my test site, have the exact same problem.. you can't view your own profile page no matter what version they're using.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamlimix February 19th 2009, 9:44 pm

Well, It is working fine for me? Don't know why it's not working for others! and JS-KIt recognizes my website? I just followed the tut and it is working fine for me and i really like it! Thank you alot Placehold Smile

Last edited by XtremeX17 on February 19th 2009, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamlimix
Dreamlimix
Forumember

Male Posts : 761
Language : Cheese

http://www.sparkchat.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 10:08 pm

Hello

Yes i must admit that the community profile comment is slightly touchy on some forums and yes there is one or two bugs however it is something that has never been tried before so i have geared myself up for issues,

Known Bugs

***If you have deleted a "Field" in the "Fields Management" of the role-play game you may not be able to create a new field

- This has been passed to techs as it is a forum issue picked up by this feature.

***Some forums members cannot see the comments section

- This occurs when some tables have been added into the Fields and stops the JavaScript from working, remove previous "Fields" and the feature should work,
- If you do not have other "Fields" please PM the issue to me.

***Forums not being recognized upon registration of forum

- Still awaiting feedback about how people are registering
- Previous member not inserting the full code into the portal header and selecting to use the forum tables

Quick Tuts

Ok so when set-up you simply select ANYONES name and it will take you to their profile ok,
This side of the profile comments section is the community part, Everyone can then see these comments as long as they are a member or have registered using Facebook (Thats a JS-Kits Feature).

To send a private message simply select the user's name on which you want to send a private comment, On their profile page you will see the comments, Double click their name on the comments section and you will see a box appears, Select "Private Message/Comment" and then enter your comment and then select "Send", the person you have sent it to should then receieve an email detailing that they have received this message.

They can then respond by selecting ANY profile, double clicking their name, When the box appears, select "Private Messages/Comments" and then "Reply"

Making it truly a member linked profile comment section is under way,

There is a code that we used while beta testing it and that we are currently using on my own forum where each comment section will be directly linked to the person only and no one else, This is slightly harder than it sounds as some of you guys have hundreds of members

Please bare with us as myself and my team work it all out Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 19th 2009, 11:06 pm

Placehold do you have a forum that you have this feature on to see what it is like?
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 11:08 pm

I have a test forum however i will have to set up a test account for users to be able to go in and play with this feature

I will post the details shortly

Test forum with profile comments enabled - www.placehold@highbb.com

FIX:
Placehold wrote:***Forums not being recognized upon registration of forum

- Still awaiting feedback about how people are registering
- Previous member not inserting the full code into the portal header and selecting to use the forum tables

Ok so the fix is

1. Once you have followed the steps 1-6 go to the forum and select someone's user name

2. Select "Leave A Comment"

3. Where it says "Leave a comment as:"select "New JS-Kit Profile"

4. Fill in the details and select "Register"

This will set you up as admin, It should then guide you through how to set the rest up with on screen instructions, You should also see the "Admin Dashboard" on the forum now aswell Smile

This has now been updated on the Tuts

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 20th 2009, 7:32 pm

Ok so the forum has been set up to allow guests, navigate to the comments by selecting my name and then log into the comment profile section Very Happy

Enjoy while it lasts

Regards

Craig

Last edited by Placehold on February 23rd 2009, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link Removed)

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 20th 2009, 7:35 pm

okay I will have a look thanks.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sports Fan February 21st 2009, 3:04 am

Great feature, though I got stuck at question seven Confused
Sports Fan
Sports Fan
Forumember

http://sportsforum.motionsforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 21st 2009, 3:07 am

At question 7. He is telling you to click on the Leave a comment and to click on Login to register.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldienut February 21st 2009, 3:10 pm

I've had no problems with this and it's a great feature thanks.

EDIT 4.47am my time : Plus just now and the last few hours I have been having similar problems like here and I have just realised this and PMed Placehold about this. My comments directed to the person go on my profile and other people's profiles instead of only on the other person's. I know this is mentioned already but I want the profile comments directed at only one person and members only. It's awkward to write messages to yourself. Something else though, could somebody do anything about having it on top of every thread, it's annoying, it should be profiles only, nowhere else.
Moldienut
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 23rd 2009, 10:41 pm

Updated user via PM

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down