The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 issues on our forum - user settings

4 posters

Go down

2 issues on our forum - user settings Empty 2 issues on our forum - user settings

Post by Searcher February 20th 2009, 4:00 pm

In my forum, we're having problems where one member's name is not appearing on the memberlist.

I apologize for asking a question on the level of a total moron, but, as I'm a new admin with a new forum, I'm learning as I go.

We have one member's username that is not appearing on the memberlist of users for other users to see, when they want to send a message to them.

Suggestions on how to fix this? The others appear to display. And from my admin settings, I can see that User's name. But the other users have sent me 3 messages now that this particular user does not appear on the memberlist.

Also, the same user is reporting that her settings are different than others. When she posts a message, she would like to be able to stay within that category without having to start back from the homepage and navigate back to that particular category. It works for everyone except for her.

What recommendations do you have?
Searcher

Language : English

Back to top Go down

2 issues on our forum - user settings Empty Re: 2 issues on our forum - user settings

Post by Carryn February 20th 2009, 4:08 pm

Is the member signing in as hidden?
the name won't show in the memberslist if they are hidden.

As for the other question, I'm sorry I have no idea.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

2 issues on our forum - user settings Empty Re: 2 issues on our forum - user settings

Post by Lady Draconian February 20th 2009, 4:22 pm

May be you have accidentally changed the settings for the one user?

Have you checked the member settings for that specific person?
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Female Posts : 126
Language : English, German, French

http://www.musesofmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher February 21st 2009, 5:18 am

Nope, I checked that, and they are not hidden. However, they do use a Mac where everyone else is on a PC. Would that make a difference?
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n February 21st 2009, 5:58 am

Searcher wrote:Nope, I checked that, and they are not hidden. However, they do use a Mac where everyone else is on a PC. Would that make a difference?

Maybe, Since she's the only one having problems.
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down