The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving a forum

3 posters

Go down

Moving a forum Empty Moving a forum

Post by fallen armageddon February 24th 2009, 9:23 am

Ok here's the deal the current webmaster has done some real immature things, claims he lost his password and can't remember the question or what not to retrieve it or change it. So he just made another account and has been using this account to use the forums for about a month and a half. Leaving use no choice to but to make a new forum with me as the webmaster so that the stuff hes pulling can be put to an end.

So far I have found where I could export the theme to the new forum and I have all that sorted it out.

Now for my question is there any way that I can transfer all the topics that are posted in the old forum into the new one that I have created and then just tell everyone to make a new account on that one and things can resume the way the where minus the immature kid that has the main admin account. We have a good 5,000 posts on that forum that are all relevant and I would really hate to lose all that information.

Thnx,

Fallen Armageddon
fallen armageddon

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Moving a forum Empty Re: Moving a forum

Post by fallen armageddon February 24th 2009, 11:13 am

Thnx for the reply Tanix but thats not what the issue is I could care less if he got the password back that will only make things worse I need either:

1. A way to over ride him and make an new person the webmaster

or

2. Transfer all the topics and post from Old forum to the new one I created that I'm the main admin for.

The person that created the original forum is (in nice terms) being a child about a few issues.

I have gotten rid of his other account so he can't use it to be on our forums, but if he's lying about losing the password for the main he can get into that one and do some major damage.

Which is why I asked my original question of wanting to know if there is a way to move the database of info from our old forum to the new forum that I am in charge of so that we don't lose the 5,000 topics/post of info that we have stored on the old forum.

~Fallen~
fallen armageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadiseKid February 24th 2009, 11:26 am

I would strongly advise you get in touch with Typlo or Caihlem and ask them what to do in such a situation - although I would imagine that they can't do much.

And I know that Forumotion does not allow the transfer of forums out of their servers (external transferring), but they may be able to do an internal transfer (from one Forumotion forum to another).

You will need to get in touch with the Administrators for confirmation though.
ParadiseKid
ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen armageddon February 24th 2009, 11:37 am

ParadiseKid wrote:I would strongly advise you get in touch with Typlo or Caihlem and ask them what to do in such a situation - although I would imagine that they can't do much.

And I know that Forumotion does not allow the transfer of forums out of their servers (external transferring), but they may be able to do an internal transfer (from one Forumotion forum to another).

You will need to get in touch with the Administrators for confirmation though.

Thnx and yah they are both forums from this site so hopefully they can do something I'll get a hold of one of them and see what they can do.

Edit: Sent a PM to Typlo, for some reason Caihlem can't receive PM's.
fallen armageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 24th 2009, 1:51 pm

Typlo is the one who can help you out in this issue. Don't worry about sending a PM to Typlo, his PM's are disabled.

Since the member has been given the answer to whats the best & only way to know his query, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down