The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allow members to change their Email Address

+4
MrMario
Master Marc
Tarogasini
~Chris
8 posters

Go down

Allow members on the support forum to be able to change their own email addresses?

Allow members to change their Email Address Left1133%Allow members to change their Email Address Right11 33% 
[ 3 ]
Allow members to change their Email Address Left1167%Allow members to change their Email Address Right11 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Allow members to change their Email Address Empty Allow members to change their Email Address

Post by ~Chris March 3rd 2009, 12:07 pm

I figured, I know you can change your email address via an administrator, but it would be a pain if you changed email addresses, and needed to change it through an admin here.

I can understand why we aren't allowed to change our own usernames, but I don't really see why we can't change our email addresses.

So, I'm suggesting, that we are allowed to change our own email addresses, it would be less work for the admins as well.

Edit: Please, if you vote no, then explain your vote so we have a clear insight. Smile

Chris

Last edited by ~Chris on March 7th 2009, 3:02 am; edited 2 times in total
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down

Allow members to change their Email Address Empty Re: Allow members to change their Email Address

Post by ~Chris March 6th 2009, 6:13 am

Umm....Bump?

Last edited by ~Chris on March 7th 2009, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Allow members to change their Email Address Empty Re: Allow members to change their Email Address

Post by Guest March 6th 2009, 9:43 am

I do not see the need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 6th 2009, 3:10 pm

Voted yes. Under 1 condition : when you change your email address here, copy of the previous one still stays. In case of banning this user, both addresses are banned.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc March 6th 2009, 3:13 pm

I voted no.
Because,you should only use 1 email address.I don't like when people swich because others can lose track of what your email address is.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 6th 2009, 6:07 pm

Master Marc wrote:I voted no.
Because,you should only use 1 email address.I don't like when people swich because others can lose track of what your email address is.
Right... I regularly use 3 email addresses. All together i use 10 email addresses. I wouldnt pass in your books, eh Razz
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 6th 2009, 6:11 pm

I don't see the need for it. This will help to keep track of members and emails.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 6th 2009, 7:35 pm

Gawd yes! The one I signed up with, I havn't used in a very very long time. I really wanna update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 7th 2009, 12:21 am

Pogosheep, PM Caihlem or Typlo Wink

I don't see the need for it. This will help to keep track of members and emails.
I agree here.
Im sorry, but im NOT voting, as I would like to see what others are doing.

Although, im swaying more of a no vote right now
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamlimix March 7th 2009, 12:29 am

well, don't see a need for it aswell! voted no!
Dreamlimix
Dreamlimix
Forumember

Male Posts : 761
Language : Cheese

http://www.sparkchat.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gpc4 March 7th 2009, 12:47 am

i voted no
gpc4
gpc4

Male Posts : 14
Language : english

http://graphicsworld.niceboard.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chris March 7th 2009, 12:49 am

I could do the old 'pfft you guys are a disgrace to this forum', right now. But instead, thank you all for your honest opinions.

I realise that you need to keep a track of old email addresses for bans etc, but I just think that when somebody gets a new email address (which people do quite often), they might not ever access their old email address. So I think it could be handy if we could change our email addresses.

Chris
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 7th 2009, 1:23 am

Do you know you can just PM one of the Admins to change it for you.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chris March 7th 2009, 3:02 am

Really? I didn't know that. Its not as if I stated that in my first post.
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 7th 2009, 4:38 pm

I receive a e-mail change request on average once every 3-4 months. You'll have to excuse me, but I really don't see the need Wink

Vetoed
=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down