The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

+142
Spuds Mum
Lizzard
TT_05_Stang
testerone
Clan_MLW
Interlink
trimspa
Goku
fiza
my4madmin
dxb4616
dashey
Bling
Dello
Nina
Sophieen
Angelic
Andrea_mne
xaphania
minal
ifswm
Cano_uk
johnod
neukrotiva
sheree
Vibhor
forumarab
Richardr
Redsun
anthonym05
LinDsaY__
Mistress Jezzabel
vvw
shotta
Cyber Dome Prez
Made
loren
wi7chy
sameer
T__________T
Itazuk
MrMario
HelperT
RAZAK913
ronald
Ompet
geri1994
Coco
the killer anna
alxz310
Home_Depot
iceangel
BB_Brona
endless013
musket
t2008y
Stoke
kjmj14
Lee Tamotsu
AutoVidin
CJ
Bad Wolf
noob256
Forgotten
timsmrs1
Lizzie
Sky
eagle8x
Brad38
Mariko21
skouliki
preston713
taropower
hurricane_drake
Miko_Angel
SpiritWind
rasskul
Blofeld
croscorpion
wednesday
kylesmummy06
wow99
Wolf-Spirit
geosep
Misery_Kitty
David2
Aftermath
Tashnz
rapidlynx
mostlycichlids
Lady Orihime
bob8972
DarkDemon
HBX210
Brandon
fisherboy7
Donut
xxxVIPERxxx
Franchise
Ape
blang1
Schockwave
Carryn
tieucongchua124
asif4gls
Mae
Cb Hr
AdminBesede
Jade Undone
GreatMazinga
Ryuku
ZX
Soggy
fkn0wned
Tammer
Dezza
akashic
JulieG
kreativeflow
smilie fan
ClaraZ25
scristib
Huma
KingOfSports
commando
MummyM
Moldienut
EMO
tonyv
incredible_fear
Don_FixYBoys*
Doctor Inferno
billy_d_kidd
seraphim
w1ngs0fate
pat123456
MPants
LUDAKLUDI
spiritcharms
magicm00n
Shadow
146 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Empty [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by Shadow March 19th 2009, 2:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dear Forumotion members,

Corrections are underway and our technicians are doing their best to fix your issues.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
-----------------------------------

To make it clear, and to list the last bugs, your messages should only contain :

Arrow Your forum address,
Arrow The browser you use,
Arrow Your forum version.
Arrow A clear description of your issue (with a screenshot if possible).

If you see that the issue has already been posted, please do not post it again!

-----------------------------------

I might not be able to answer all posts, but be sure that all your issues are forwarded to techs.
I'll give you a regular updates on the fixes that have been made Wink

Last edited by Typlo on March 19th 2009, 3:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by Dello April 1st 2009, 1:25 am

No-one can keep their "friends" and the ignore list ("foes") keeps resetting so everyone has to re-do it every single day.
Dello

Male Posts : 12
Language : english

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by LUDAKLUDI April 1st 2009, 2:58 am

same here ...

and there is misstake with dates and zodiacs...

my member keep telling me that ... so i keep telling that to forumotion...
...what can i do ...

23.07 is not last date for "Cancer" [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Icon_zodiac_cancer_1 ITS 21.07
LUDAKLUDI
LUDAKLUDI
Forumember

Male Posts : 280
Language : English,Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape April 1st 2009, 3:57 am

What i would like to know is how comes the friends and foe list works ok in this forum but no other forum is it we have all the bugs and this site has none ?

would be nive to have a tech or a admin tell us what is going on as Typlo is away and no one else is telling us nothing or Do we have to keep telling out members that the bugs will be fixed when the staff come off there hol's
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19162
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave April 1st 2009, 12:47 pm

Friends list do not work, neither does adding Yahoo Account to Yahoo Messenger, here or any other forum, when you click save, it disappears, it used to work before the updates.
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Language : English, German, French

http://schockwave.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun April 1st 2009, 1:04 pm

typlo is not around for last 4 or 5 days i think, there are no feed back about the latest issues,

i see there are many individual bug or problems per boards, not a standard one.

one of the main bug still goes on,

members can't edit their messenger fields after the final express update (like msn, yahoo, aim, etc.) and admin can't make them "editable for members" it stays same... and there aren't any option to make it in "make members edit" in profil fields on admin panel.

hope typlo comes and feed back us about the latest info.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Language : English, Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bling April 1st 2009, 3:08 pm

Browser:Mozilla Firefox Latest
URL: http://www.friendsarena.forumotion.com
Forum Version:PHPBB3
Problem:Some users are complaining that while posting, theres something written in Arabic and they cant post and some users cant post, whats the matter?
Bling
Bling
Forumember

Male Posts : 416
Language : English

http://www.friendsarena.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dashey April 1st 2009, 4:09 pm

HI Im Having problems with the popup login... it had been working fine. but yesterday all the sudden it stoped the size its outgragous and it wont let me change it to what i wHANT . PLEASE HELP.

my forum is....
http:yanilicious.omgforum.net
dashey
dashey
Forumember

Language : English, spanish and a bit of french

http://yanilicious.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn April 1st 2009, 7:32 pm

Schockwave wrote:Friends list do not work, neither does adding Yahoo Account to Yahoo Messenger, here or any other forum, when you click save, it disappears, it used to work before the updates.
I had trouble with this too, until I put the entire yahoo name=>
Code:
yourusername@yahoo.com
when i just used the user name with out "@yahoo.com" it didn't update.

See if that works.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by dxb4616 April 1st 2009, 9:26 pm

lost recycle bin!!!!! wts the solution? (rather than backing up all the messages etc)
dxb4616

Back to top Go down

Post by geosep April 1st 2009, 10:17 pm

http://international-sro.first-forum.com
Mozilla Firefox last version
phpBB3
I had flags for all players on their profiles, now are not there, i try to add again, and dont let me add more links than 65, flags i have are 166.

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Flags10
geosep
Forumember

Male Posts : 111
Language : Greek

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldienut April 2nd 2009, 1:27 am

I have another problem, when I post in my forums, the posting records in each section comes out as 'Yesterday the time username' when I just post instead of today despite the settings being correct. It mostly happens around midnight but it has happened in other times though and that needs to be fixed.
Moldienut
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by smilie fan April 2nd 2009, 2:02 am

smilie fan wrote:
smilie fan wrote:www.chillitinchats.com
Internet Explorer 7
phpbb2 (subsilver)

Thanks for letting us know Typlo. I like the the new changes from this update that we now have. You guys did an awsome job! Thank you.

However, We lost the ability to modify/add images to a list if needed since this new update.
Will we get that option back? <<--Wow! We are almost there! At least we have a save button now. Hooray! Now if you could only replace this [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Rien11 with an add button, to add the extra fields needed during and after creating lists...we'll be rockin! :wouhou:

The friends and foes are working for everyone else, but me, the founder. <<--Not fixed. Does anyone know how to fix it?

My avatar gallery is now working correctly. Thank you.

New Problem -->> When I compose a pm and send it, it does not show the recipient that they have a new message. Even when you scroll your pointer over the pm button, it does say, "No new Pm's". That's the problem. There are new pm's for them waiting and it's not showing for any of us. When users go into their pm box, there are new messages waiting for them. This is strange. It used to work. Everyone has the options enabled for new pm's to be shown. Is this caused from the updates? If so, when will there be a fix, or is there one already? <<-- Fixed.

These changes here >> https://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f1/express-update-new-features-for-your-profiles-friends-list-amelioration-t39776.htm#249181
I gave up trying to figure out where the code change was supposed to be.
<<--Figured it out.

Finally, I need to know, what is up with the comment section within profiles? I see members do not have the option to modify this now. Is this for the Admins to comment on members profiles? If so, can only Admins and mods see those comments, or, do the members see those comments? I really would love to know the answer before leaving comments on any of them.

I'd appreciate a response. Thank you!

Still no answers to remaining questions with the above? Also, today I found that the reputation is not functioning properly. Or at least I don't think it is. Maybe I'm confused with it, but if not mistaken, whoever starts the topic, is the one who has the plus and minus displayed? Correct? If so, my forum only displays it for all the other members who start topics, but not me, the forum founder, when I start topics.
smilie fan
smilie fan
Forumember

Female Posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 April 2nd 2009, 8:09 am

smilie fan wrote:

Finally, I need to know, what is up with the comment section within profiles? I see members do not have the option to modify this now. Is this for the Admins to comment on members profiles? If so, can only Admins and mods see those comments, or, do the members see those comments? I really would love to know the answer before leaving comments on any of them.

Still no answers to remaining questions with the above? Also, today I found that the reputation is not functioning properly. Or at least I don't think it is. Maybe I'm confused with it, but if not mistaken, whoever starts the topic, is the one who has the plus and minus displayed? Correct? If so, my forum only displays it for all the other members who start topics, but not me, the forum founder, when I start topics.

Hi Smilie Fan,

I'm pretty near certain that the comments field in the profiles is for Admin and Mod use only. This is how it was before the update and this is what it's for now.

The +/- shows up on everyone's post but the author's. It also won't show if you've set your settings to only allow a certain number of votes per day and when that limit has been reached. The "thanks" button is what will only show in topics that you start.

Hope this helps.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelic April 2nd 2009, 11:09 am

Another problem came up on my forum. I can see new post button for visitor messages on all members profiles, but as an admin and other users can't see the button. And it's not on all profiles, just on few.
Angelic
Angelic
Forumember

Female Posts : 51

http://heaven-hell.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave April 2nd 2009, 11:59 am

Carryn wrote:
Schockwave wrote:Friends list do not work, neither does adding Yahoo Account to Yahoo Messenger, here or any other forum, when you click save, it disappears, it used to work before the updates.
I had trouble with this too, until I put the entire yahoo name=>
Code:
yourusername@yahoo.com
when i just used the user name with out "@yahoo.com" it didn't update.

See if that works.

Thank you for that, it worked!!!! :wouhou: cheers Very Happy Wink
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by smilie fan April 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm

Brad38 wrote:
smilie fan wrote:

Hi Smilie Fan,

I'm pretty near certain that the comments field in the profiles is for Admin and Mod use only. This is how it was before the update and this is what it's for now.

The +/- shows up on everyone's post but the author's. It also won't show if you've set your settings to only allow a certain number of votes per day and when that limit has been reached. The "thanks" button is what will only show in topics that you start.

Hope this helps.

Brad38, yes it does help. Thank you!
smilie fan
smilie fan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by my4madmin April 2nd 2009, 4:34 pm

Forum Address: http://innuz.niceboard.org
Browsers: Firefox, IE
Version: PhpBB3
Problem: Title name missing (some part visible) in advanced profile.

screenshot:
[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Missin10
my4madmin
my4madmin

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by LUDAKLUDI April 2nd 2009, 6:34 pm

Friend list in phpBB2, automaticly remove friends from list :S

Zodiac dates and pictures, are not correct!

Signature in personal messages dont allow html (html and BBcode are turned ON),
so i see signature in personal messages, like this
Code:

[color=red][b]signature[/b][/color]

When you are in "hide mode (Hide your online status: Yes)" on forum,
in friend list you can see, that you are "ON LINE" ([ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Online10 Online) instead "OFF LINE" ([ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Offlin10 Offline) .
That is misstake.

Why in "Group Optins" dont have option "search member in group",
instead i must list pages
"Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25"
and that starting to be annoying, when you search for some user in group...
of 750 users or more. -.-

Where is E-maill in "Contact Fields" ?
[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Untitl21

And when someone put E-maill to be shown(Allow members to contact me by E-maill), its look like this
Without separator
and E-maill picture is not in line, with rest of contact pictures.
[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Untitl22

I know to restart or give "Points" for certain members, ofc its easy when you have option for that (Points donation),
but what is with "Thanks Points" where is option for that ?
Like (Thanks Points donation)

"Allow visitors messages on my profile:" this option dont work very good for "*My friend" and "*Nobody"

Work good for "Hide this tab" or "All members" selected, then is hiden or shown...that is ok

put "s" to "My friend" option, to be "My Friends"

Last edited by LUDAKLUDI on April 3rd 2009, 1:58 am; edited 11 times in total
LUDAKLUDI
LUDAKLUDI
Forumember

Male Posts : 280
Language : English,Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezza April 3rd 2009, 12:08 am

hello i still dont have that log in thing that floats around before you log on or register.
The buttoms are not on my forum does anyone know why. every time i click on other peoples forums on here they all have it.
phpbb3
sportdale.com
Dezza
Dezza
Forumember

Male Posts : 136

http://sportdale.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave April 3rd 2009, 1:21 am

You need to go to Admin Panel and then General and click on Configuration, where it says Forum, and scroll down you will see Login Popup, make sure you tick activate and then save. You also need to log out of your forum to see it, it will not show if you are logged in.
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by wednesday April 3rd 2009, 1:33 pm

Wondered if anyone is having the same issue with the friend+
I add, and they are on my profile one day...and gone the next!
I keep re-adding but the same thing happens....anyway round this?
wednesday
wednesday
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 April 3rd 2009, 1:52 pm

wednesday wrote:Wondered if anyone is having the same issue with the friend+
I add, and they are on my profile one day...and gone the next!
I keep re-adding but the same thing happens....anyway round this?

Hi Wednesday...

Yep, I'm still having problems with the friends management on my forum too. Also, another problem I've noticed. The "solved" button and the "draft" buttons are no longer showing when writing or editing a post. They are both turned on in my ACP but they are not working. Sad

These 2 problems I mentioned seemed to be fixed now...maybe it was just me, but I don't think so.

Last edited by Brad38 on April 3rd 2009, 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave April 3rd 2009, 2:35 pm

Same here, friends not working still!
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezza April 3rd 2009, 7:22 pm

Schockwave wrote:You need to go to Admin Panel and then General and click on Configuration, where it says Forum, and scroll down you will see Login Popup, make sure you tick activate and then save. You also need to log out of your forum to see it, it will not show if you are logged in.

Thank you shockwave :wouhou:
Dezza
Dezza
Forumember

Male Posts : 136

http://sportdale.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave April 3rd 2009, 7:57 pm

Dezza wrote:
Schockwave wrote:You need to go to Admin Panel and then General and click on Configuration, where it says Forum, and scroll down you will see Login Popup, make sure you tick activate and then save. You also need to log out of your forum to see it, it will not show if you are logged in.

Thank you shockwave :wouhou:

You are welcome, glad to help. Smile Wink
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelic April 3rd 2009, 9:56 pm

Anyone got the answer how to fix the problem with visitors messages (add new message button)? What the fuck ?!?
Angelic
Angelic
Forumember

Female Posts : 51

http://heaven-hell.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape April 4th 2009, 7:42 pm

ok i have found a new bug that the techs may want to fix

i have just been in to work on my forum and add some things that i want only the admin to change and dont have the settings for it no more !

Here is a screen shot of my forum settings

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Untitl31

in the new update it had a drop down menu on it with the admin mod or user its self this is now a click on setting and only has as yo can see the mods and the user himself settings

who took the drop down menu off and removed the admin only ?

Here is a pic of the info in the update

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 27032009122841

this is showing in IE 7 and in firefox 2 and 3
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19162
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by smilie fan April 4th 2009, 9:27 pm

smilie fan wrote:
smilie fan wrote:
smilie fan wrote:www.chillitinchats.com
Internet Explorer 7
phpbb2 (subsilver)

Thanks for letting us know Typlo. I like the the new changes from this update that we now have. You guys did an awsome job! Thank you.

>>However, We lost the ability to modify/add images to a list if needed since this new update.
Will we get that option back? <<--Wow! We are almost there! At least we have a save button now. Hooray! Now if you could only replace this [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Rien11 with an add button, to add the extra fields needed during and after creating lists...we'll be rockin! :wouhou:

>>The friends and foes are working for everyone else, but me, the founder. <<--Not fixed. Does anyone know how to fix it?

>>I found, that when groups are selected to have sigs, and the settings are correct, it still doesn't allow the members in those groups to use their sigs; it does not matter how many times we edit our posts or start a new post, it will not work.
Not sure how long that has been going on, but noticed today that's not working.

My avatar gallery is now working correctly. Thank you.
New Problem -->> When I compose a pm and send it, it does not show the recipient that they have a new message. Even when you scroll your pointer over the pm button, it does say, "No new Pm's". That's the problem. There are new pm's for them waiting and it's not showing for any of us. When users go into their pm box, there are new messages waiting for them. This is strange. It used to work. Everyone has the options enabled for new pm's to be shown. Is this caused from the updates? If so, when will there be a fix, or is there one already? <<-- Fixed.

These changes here >> https://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f1/express-update-new-features-for-your-profiles-friends-list-amelioration-t39776.htm#249181
I gave up trying to figure out where the code change was supposed to be.
<<--Figured it out.

Thank you!

ape man wrote:ok i have found a new bug that the techs may want to fix

i have just been in to work on my forum and add some things that i want only the admin to change and dont have the settings for it no more !

Here is a screen shot of my forum settings

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 Untitl31

in the new update it had a drop down menu on it with the admin mod or user its self this is now a click on setting and only has as yo can see the mods and the user himself settings

who took the drop down menu off and removed the admin only ?

Here is a pic of the info in the update

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 13 27032009122841

this is showing in IE 7 and in firefox 2 and 3

Ape Man, good catch!! I read this and checked mine (IE7), and it too has no option for the Admin. Darn it! I want this stuff to work! lol
smilie fan
smilie fan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun April 4th 2009, 9:56 pm

there is also a bug about contact fields.

after the latest updates, you can create a "g-talk" field for example... And add its custom image.

But although you make it "member can edit " and "show it on profil and message" it doesn't display not even profil nor messages.

So new contact fields need an update i think.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Language : English, Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cb Hr April 5th 2009, 11:30 pm

Cb Hr
Cb Hr
Forumember

Male Posts : 170
Language : Croatian/English

http://www.clubpenguin-hr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next