The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can users delete accounts from a forum?

3 posters

Go down

Can users delete accounts from a forum? Empty Can users delete accounts from a forum?

Post by mpozos Mon 23 Mar - 16:53

Ah, this is weird to explain, but here goes...

I don't own the forum, I'm a registered user.

The forum was intended to cater to a certain community.

The creator of this forum has since been removed from our community for not upholding our ideals.

Because I don't think I can request that I be given control of this forum, I would like to ask how a user can delete his/her account from a forum? Is this a setting that can be toggled by the admin?

I've looked around the best that I can and cannot find how to do so.

It bears saying that as far as I know the forum owner hasn't done anything defamatory or anything that should be reported or anything of the sort.
mpozos
mpozos

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can users delete accounts from a forum? Empty Re: Can users delete accounts from a forum?

Post by Rok Mon 23 Mar - 22:56

If you are wanting to delete the original owner of the forum, then I would have to say it's not possible. However, if you have this enabled, you can allow users to delete their own accounts if they choose to do so.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Can users delete accounts from a forum? Empty Re: Can users delete accounts from a forum?

Post by mpozos Tue 24 Mar - 0:21

Thanks for your response Rok.

My intent was not to delete the original owner of the forum. I would imagine that would be beyond my abilities.

By your response, I gather that the original owner of the forum did NOT enable users to remove their own accounts. This bothers me somewhat...

The original owner of the forum has "disabled" the main screen but there is still a way to access it. The rest of the community will cease to participate in that forum and work has begun to create a new forum.

Thanks again,
Mp
mpozos
mpozos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelsaidi Tue 24 Mar - 0:53

Wrong.
https://www.forumotion.com/en/unscribe/

Any user can remove/delete their account from the forum.
(i tihnk)
Nelsaidi
Forumember

Male Posts : 508

http://forum.erepublik.co.uk

Back to top Go down