The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left?

2 posters

Go down

How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left? Empty How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left?

Post by rapidlynx March 29th 2009, 11:56 pm

How do I change my avatar on the right instead of the left? I have looked and the instructions given don't fit my forum structure .... I'm using phpBB2 and I don't see an option for this in the page structure section as suggested.

thank you

Sondra

The Reptile Room

Sondra Lee Gallery
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118
Language : English

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left? Empty Re: How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left?

Post by Sanket March 30th 2009, 3:59 pm

Code:
}
.postprofile {
color: #6B6B6B;
margin: 5px 0 0px 0;
min-height: 80px;
border-left-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-color: #ffffff;
width: 22%;
float: left;
display: inline;
}

Find such a code in your CSS & make the float as Right, see if that works. I am not sure if it will work, but try & let me know.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left? Empty Re: How do I change my avatar to be on the right instead of the left?

Post by Guest March 30th 2009, 5:26 pm

With phpBB3 this would be simple. With phpBB2, not so simple. It could be done if you have access to the post profile code through the templates.

Sanket, changing what you suggest would move the entire post profile, not just the avatar. Swapping the float CSS on .postbody and .postprofile is how you can move the post profiles to the right or to the left of a post. By altering the CSS clear attribute you can even have a post flow underneath the profile!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 30th 2009, 6:49 pm

Allrite, thanks for the info. Which are the codes needed to be updated in the templates for phpbb2?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidlynx April 4th 2009, 10:17 pm

ok guys thanks for the help I'll keep checking back for any info \o/
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down