The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image & Copyright theft

2 posters

Go down

Image & Copyright theft Empty Image & Copyright theft

Post by potteryandglass April 3rd 2009, 11:26 am

Hi everyone

I have tried to solve this amicably, but there does not seem to be an easy solution, pictures had been taken from my pottery and glass forum and posted on fatlava.forumandco.com i have sent the moderators/admin several emails to tryand explain that someone on their forum has perpetrated Image & copyright theft, but as yet all i get is rubbish replies. See attached email

Hi N

without prejudice

This is not nice, someone on your forum, and to do this it has to be an admin or moderator has been copying pictures posted on my forum, and posting them on yours. (this breaches the forummotion rules). As well as image & copyright theft rules.

Most of these seem to be taken from MS, some pieces she bought this year or late last year, and posted on my forum, only to be copied, and posted on yours at a time before they were purchased?? Neat trick time travel.

M tells me she has repeatedly asked Admin to remove her images, clearly this has not been done.

Also many of M images have been posted into the wrong threads, which only a complete numpty would do. This makes your German & Austrian board look stupid, and M may ask for collateral damages as she was emailed by a ebay customer to ask why she did not know what a RRK piece is. I think the technical term apart from image theft, Name theft, is deformation of character.

As moderators you are legally implicated.....

Also i have noticed that several of my images still remain, i have not reported it as yet but have taken notes today on where they all are, kindly please removed any guest images, this should cure it.

If you click on the posts supposedly made by Monica, the Servimg says this image does not exist, however M & myself spent all morning right mouse clicking these images and recording the original DSCN number. M has a detailed record of when these images were taken, and may take legal action, i would not blame her if she did.

Regards KG

since i have had no reply from any of your forums moderating team, i have sent a copy of this email to the Admin of the host server system

Now since sending this i have had several silly replies, but M posted these images in photobucket, when they the images were removed by her fromphotobucket, this left a post with a sqaure with a red x in it, a moderator/Admin/member has come long, stolen images from our forum, and posted them in the servimg system, which recognises that the prime image is on our forum, thats why when you click on the images on the Fatlava.forumandco.com pictures in German & Austrian pottery, you get the error this image does not exist notice....

I have complained and asked them to stop this copyright and Image theft, what more can i do?

K
potteryandglass

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Image & Copyright theft Empty Re: Image & Copyright theft

Post by Veljko April 3rd 2009, 11:31 am

Hello, This is not a good section for this question.
This is what you can do
1. You can hide forums with those images from guest. Only members could see it.
2. If they register ban them and their IP adress so they can't make any other account from that computer you banned
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

Post by potteryandglass April 3rd 2009, 12:01 pm

Hi Veljko

I think whoever did this registered an account on my forum, then stole the images, guests cannot see those images on my forum, only members. How can you tell who did this?

potteryandglass
potteryandglass

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko April 3rd 2009, 12:06 pm

Well, you can ivestigate. Register on their forum and see the nickname he/she has. If there is not same nickname try to find a person who posted images on that other site. Then you can compare the details with your members. You can see the birthdate, MSN maybe... If those are same you can find out who taht member is... I hope I helped.
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

Post by potteryandglass April 3rd 2009, 12:29 pm

Thank you Veljko
potteryandglass

Back to top Go down