The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merge irritated

3 posters

Go down

Merge irritated Empty Merge irritated

Post by Vanya May 2nd 2009, 7:14 am

Hello,

I am having an endless problem with merging topics. They end up with the wrong author and title. When I split the topic back apart, it still has the author that was author of the most recent post (?).

I feel extremely frustrated about this after several months I can not get this right and have messed up many threads.
Vanya
Vanya
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Merge irritated Empty Re: Merge irritated

Post by Sanket May 2nd 2009, 2:59 pm

Can you list the procedure, so that i can see if you are doing anything wrong.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Merge irritated Empty Re: Merge irritated

Post by Moldienut May 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm

I've had this several times and there is a tip to stop this. You go into the later thread first and then merge that way. What you doing is the other way round and that can cause the topic authors and titles to go wrong. There is also a tip to fix it as well but it is too complex to explain in order to understand.

This is a tip to fix merging errors.

You go to the topic separating button and you do a new thread or post starting from the correct author in other threads that have posts with earlier posting times than that one. Once separated merge it into the thread involved. After that you split up the topic by removing the irrelevant posts used for correction. After that the topic authors are correct again.
Moldienut
Forumember

Back to top Go down