Internet Explorer & Chat Box Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Internet Explorer & Chat Box

oggbad
    oggbad
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Internet Explorer & Chat Box

Post by oggbad Sun May 03, 2009 5:45 pm

A couple of members have had a problem with MSIE and Chatbox - in the first case chatbox would appear in a seperate window - but it fixed itself in a day or two.
    The current problem is the user can see the chatbox, can log in to the chatbox but cannot post anything. She has tried Firefox and it is the same. I know Firefox shares settings with MSIE - is there a fix?

http://faded-aspidistra.bestforumonline.com/

EDIT *********Thanks guys******* EDIT

Last edited by oggbad on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    pizza
    pizza
    Forumember

Male Posts : 99

Solved Re: Internet Explorer & Chat Box

Post by pizza Sun May 03, 2009 6:21 pm

you dont have to use firefox, try google chrome or safari
    oggbad
    oggbad
    Forumember

Post by oggbad Mon May 04, 2009 5:21 am

I know there are other browser options but it worked fine before and now it doesn't - something has changed - presumably in a browser update. I just wondered if admins knew what settings might be blocking the reply function.
    oggbad
    oggbad
    Forumember

Post by oggbad Wed May 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Is that a no from Admins then?
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 pm

I do not think it's a browser problem. but anything can be possible?
    Anyway the chat box can sometimes have glitches this has bin happening for a long time and you usually have to wait it out.

try turning the chat box off/disabling it for a wile. then turn it back on.
    sometimes even turning it off then moving it to the top or bottom then turning it off again then back on works too.

but the best bet is to just turn it off for a few hours or day then turn it back on.See if that helps out it usually works for me all the time Smile
    oggbad
    oggbad
    Forumember

Post by oggbad Wed May 06, 2009 5:24 pm

kirk wrote:I do not think it's a browser problem. but anything can be possible?
    Anyway the chat box can sometimes have glitches this has bin happening for a long time and you usually have to wait it out.

sometimes even turning it off then moving it to the top or bottom then turning it off again then back on works too.

but the best bet is to just turn it off for a few hours or day then turn it back on.See if that helps out it usually works for me all the time Smile

Thanks Kirk - I will give it a go. Cool
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm

oggbad wrote:
    kirk wrote:I do not think it's a browser problem. but anything can be possible?

Thanks Kirk - I will give it a go. Cool

OK please be sure to let us know if you get it working or not.
    even better edit your fist post here and click solved if it's fixed. Mr. Green
    thanx
    blackladyfine

Female Posts : 10

Post by blackladyfine Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 am

The chatbox is not showing in internet explorer or google chrome. This is a must some user dont use anything but IE and this is not a good thing. I have went to another forum and those browsers work fine. It has to be a problem with this forum.
    Deathspawn
    Deathspawn
    Forumember

Male Posts : 76

Post by Deathspawn Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:29 pm

I personally hate the Lagbox. (Lag + Chat box... yeah, you get my point.) I do have a way of getting around it also. You can place an IRC wiget onto your board, and stick it in a spoiler, or you can embed a different chat if you like. What I do is use a simple iframe code and place the url to my mibbit widget for the source, and then resize it to however I like, place it into a spoiler code (BBCode will not work.) and go to Display > Homepage Generalities > Homepage Message on the admin panel. You can then instert any code you like, weather it be an irc widget, or something else you have. You are not limited to using the lagbox. If you want to see how this looks with an IRC spoiler, go to my forum.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:16 pm

see if this code works for you.
    you can test it in a post. if it works. then you have to tell me where you want it.. um if your using phpbb2 or punbb you can have it in a template
    or you can add it to you sites description. theres a few places.. so just see if it works first.. it should?

or you can try using one like Deathspawn suggested. his is pretty cool.
    but the code below is for your forums chat box.

Code:
     <iframe frameborder=0 width=700 height=300 src=http://faded-aspidistra.bestforumonline.com/chatbox/chatbox.forum marginheight=2 marginwidth=2 scrolling=no allowtransparency=yes name=chatbox style=border:#002EFF 1px solid;border-top:0px></iframe>

hey you know actually log into your forum and go over here. if it works for you there then it will work on your forum Smile remeber you will have to loged into your forum to see if it works. it's right at the top of my page here