The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning message when members enter my site

2 posters

Go down

Warning message when members enter my site Empty Warning message when members enter my site

Post by kylesmummy06 Sat 9 May 2009 - 13:18

I have had a lot of members and staff get warning messages along these lines
warning about malware and saying ths dangerous and cld be harmful to the computer

At least 7 members have reported it and staff! most can not actually get on and it blocks them from entering why is it?

www.deeplyirresistible.com
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Female Posts : 782
Language : english

http://mummysworld.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Warning message when members enter my site Empty Re: Warning message when members enter my site

Post by kirk Sat 9 May 2009 - 13:52

well you do have a lot of adds and links.did you create all of them yourself or did you get them from other places? it could be there's something in one of them depending what kind of code you used to place them?

And do you have to be logged in for this to happen?I am assuming there protection is coming up telling them there's something on a given page?
Everything seems to be fine on my end nothing is popping up and i have good protection.

Just to be safe i would run all your scans to make sure there's nothing in your computer. as far as ware it's coming from i cant tell.But i am definitely thinking it's from one of the adds.Preferable a html code most likely but i am not sure?

just wait here for a Lil bit for a another staff member or member that's a Lil more familiar with situations like this to reply.

like i said i cant really tell and nothing is coming up for me?

you can try disableing the html and see if it's still poping up. you will see alot of codes instead of anthing you have as html. but if it is in a html it should not pop up if it's disabled.. i think so just try it and see. you can always turn it back on.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Warning message when members enter my site Empty Re: Warning message when members enter my site

Post by kylesmummy06 Mon 11 May 2009 - 19:58

I did turn html off and it still did it for them.
I havnt had any problems its just some other people have done
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Female Posts : 782
Language : english

http://mummysworld.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Tue 12 May 2009 - 11:17

kylesmummy06 wrote:I did turn html off and it still did it for them.
I havnt had any problems its just some other people have done

you have to tell them to run there scan for the page of what ever protection they are running. it could be what ever they are using it's not recognizing it as friendly site
so that why it's popping up. if they run there scan for the page. it will tell them what it is and what to do with it. if it's just coming up because it's a new site or there protection is not familiar with it then they just select allow and that will not come up anymore. now if it is some kind of malware ,spy-ware etc.. then just tell them to move it to the vault or quarantine what ever there protection has.

but by that coming up it's not getting in. but they have to run there scan on the page to know exactly what it might be?

see my protection constantly scans ever page i go to. so if something comes up it's automatically sent to the vault.You can tell them to check all there setting on the protection they have too. a lot of people never have these settings right. depending
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down