The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change link in main logo

Go down

Change link in main logo Empty Change link in main logo

Post by Gem85 May 19th 2007, 2:06 pm

I had a forum with someone else, and I was able to edit the html to change the link.

I don't seem to be able to here and would like to change the link.

I have a website with a link to my forum, and would like to be able to back to it from the forum.

Thanks.
Gem85
Forumember

Female Posts : 79
Language : English

http://www.mums-r-us.bestdiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Change link in main logo Empty Re: Change link in main logo

Post by GeoX May 19th 2007, 3:06 pm

Hello,

if you mean that you want to make something like and advertisment or a link to anyother website so there is some ways to do this..choose the one that might be the best for you

here we go

first one: here i will tell you how to put an image or a phrase with a link on your homepage

1-admin panel (old version)

2-general admin

3-homepage

in this page in the box below you can put anything, it will apear in the very first page of your forum...so, if you are familiar with the HTML codes you can click on Change link in main logo Switchmode and enter the code with the address of the photo and the link of the website

or use the tools of editing to insert the image and a link to it

second way: in this way you can enter a button to appear in your header nav bar..and attach a link to that button (the url of the other website)
is that what you are looking for or you want to change the link of your own logo?!
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Gem85 May 19th 2007, 3:59 pm

Hi, it's the second one I need really.

My forum is linked from my website, so I need the forum to link back to the website easily.

Is there a website button I can add the link to? If not, I'd like to make the main logo (the big baby pic) link back to my website.

www.mums-r-us.bestdiscussion.net

Thanks
Gem85
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX May 19th 2007, 4:17 pm

well, about linking the main logo it's not possible..and it's your logo dude Very Happy..but you should do as im doing because i also have a website and im linking back to it with a button in the navigation bar...so, do what im going to tell you

first, you need to design a button for your website..right click on any button of (like the FAQ) in your header and save it on your computer

use the paint brush program (for instance) to re edit the image of the button and type whatever you want on it..

save the image..and upload it to any image host server

secondly, add this button to your nav bar

1-admin panel (old version)

2-general admin

3-headers here in this page scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the link of the button image here "Picture selected *: "

then in the line below enter the URL of your website...

if you wont be using an image for it just enter an alternate text in this field "Alternative text *: "

P.S:all fields are actually required Smile

try and tell me sweety ^^
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Gem85 May 19th 2007, 4:31 pm

Can I not just change the home link to link to my website? How would I do that?
Gem85
Forumember

Back to top Go down