The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Signature

3 posters

Go down

Missing Signature Empty Missing Signature

Post by kellysownname July 1st 2009, 1:39 am

One of my members is unable to put a signature with her posts. I have the signatures allowed in the administration panel and in her profile itself.

I tried to go back and edit one of her posts and the allow signature option isn't even there.

Any idea on how to fix this? I'm stumped.

Thanks
kellysownname

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Missing Signature Empty Re: Missing Signature

Post by Mehtevas July 1st 2009, 3:04 am

Caihlem wrote:
My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.
Hope that helps
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by kellysownname July 1st 2009, 3:25 am

I've already done all of that.

And when I go and edit a post by that user the "attach my signature to this post" box isn't even there. There's no option for it.
kellysownname

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 1st 2009, 3:28 am

Has the user whose sig is not showing up posted newreplys? (read the last paragraph)
EDIT: It wont show when i edit the posts either. No admin can do that.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by kellysownname July 1st 2009, 3:31 am

She has and if I edit any other member's post it shows up. (The option that is).

When I add her signature for her in her profile and save it, the field is blank when I go back.
kellysownname

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 1st 2009, 3:40 am

Hello,

have you tried changing your skin to another skin, as this appears as a faulty skin, there ahve been a few on hitskin latley - I dont know mwhy they have not been removed yet either.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kellysownname July 1st 2009, 3:51 am

I don't use skins from hitskin. I have I think it's a style and my own background. The second tab next to where the hitskins are.

I'm at a loss as to what could cause a problem for only her.
kellysownname

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 1st 2009, 3:55 am

Still, try using a new skin.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 1st 2009, 4:04 am

Do try a new skin from http://en.hitskin.com and do not customize it until you are sure the signature works
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down