The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cant censor words in my site... help!

5 posters

Go down

I cant censor words in my site... help! Empty I cant censor words in my site... help!

Post by coolmickey_mv July 1st 2009, 2:45 am

The title says it all... I have no idea why censoring words wont work in my forum. I tried different versions of the site... i saved the word and the replacement... Ever since i got the forum its been not working and its been about 2 months now...
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

I cant censor words in my site... help! Empty Re: I cant censor words in my site... help!

Post by Master Marc July 1st 2009, 1:58 pm

Try this please:

ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Configuration=>Misc options*=>Resynchronize your forum=>Tick the box=>Save

Am not sure if it would work,but it's worth a shot, rock
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

I cant censor words in my site... help! Empty Re: I cant censor words in my site... help!

Post by coolmickey_mv July 6th 2009, 7:14 pm

What would it do though? Will it mess up anything on my forum?
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 6th 2009, 7:17 pm

No, it just straightens everything out basically. it wont do no harm Wink
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 6th 2009, 7:46 pm

are your replacement words the same number of letters in the word that is being censored.

like lets say (scumbag)ouou
It would have to be sc....g or s.....g Etc
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by KiiD CuDii July 6th 2009, 7:48 pm

In other words to what kirk has said is that if they use slang to say the bad words and you want to censored it then you have to write it just like they did .
KiiD CuDii
KiiD CuDii
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1118
Language : USA

http://dramatiktest.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 6th 2009, 7:53 pm

KiiD CuDii wrote:In other words to what kirk has said is that if they use slang to say the bad words and you want to censored it then you have to write it just like they did .

well you can censor any word you want. just make sure the replacement word has the same number of letters/characteristics as the word being censored.
That's how i always did it and always worked for me. but i don't really censor things anymore. if someone starts going off on some inappropriate conversations or swearing a lot. then i will just ban them or warn them depending on the situation. but that's just me.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv July 6th 2009, 8:35 pm

Master Marc wrote:Try this please:

ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Configuration=>Misc options*=>Resynchronize your forum=>Tick the box=>Save

Am not sure if it would work,but it's worth a shot, rock

kirk wrote:
KiiD CuDii wrote:In other words to what kirk has said is that if they use slang to say the bad words and you want to censored it then you have to write it just like they did .

well you can censor any word you want. just make sure the replacement word has the same number of letters/characteristics as the word being censored.
That's how i always did it and always worked for me. but i don't really censor things anymore. if someone starts going off on some inappropriate conversations or swearing a lot. then i will just ban them or warn them depending on the situation. but that's just me.

I tried all of that and still not working... ugh -.-
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KiiD CuDii July 6th 2009, 9:32 pm

For example if a member posts "Effed" then you put in Effed in the censor settings
KiiD CuDii
KiiD CuDii
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1118
Language : USA

http://dramatiktest.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv July 8th 2009, 2:24 am

So a member must say the bad word first and then when i put it in the censor settings it will work?
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down