The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to report a forum?

3 posters

Go down

Solved How to report a forum?

Post by VA_is_the_truth July 2nd 2009, 8:10 am

I'm sorry if this is/has already been mentioned, but I really need to know how to do this. I won't mention this forums name, but they ban people for what seems to be no reason at all. I tried to use the report option you guys have here, but I didn't have a screenshot of it, but now that I know, I'll have one. I'm wondering if there's another way to do this though, because my friend was banned from the chatbox for no reason, and then I think they banned him from the forum as well. If there's a way for me to do this, can someone PM me or post here? Thank you in advance.
VA_is_the_truth

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to report a forum?

Post by Darren1 July 2nd 2009, 8:26 am

Hello,

Administrator's of forums' have the right of control over that forum, they don't need a reason to ban.
I could ban you for running into me in the street, and that's that.
I don't need a reason to ban you, just like this forum runs without reason's of banning people.

Click here for more information
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by VA_is_the_truth July 2nd 2009, 8:37 am

ok man, thanks. I just didn't know that these guys could ban him for no reason, and I literally mean no reason. He was sitting in the chatbox, and hadn't written anything in there yet, and then the next thing I see is that he's banned.
VA_is_the_truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 2nd 2009, 8:44 am

Well, now you know.

Im glad to have been of assistance
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 2nd 2009, 1:46 pm

just to add and reiterate on the situation.
Like Darren said they can basically ban you for any reason they want.
It's ridiculous to think that some administrators would neglect there powers and ban people because they think it's funny.Unfortunately there are many people who do this.

Now if they where being racist and discriminating members. then they would be in violation and could loose there forum. but of course this would have to be proven. other then that it's there forum and they can ban who they want.

But ask yourself this.Why would you even want to be on a forum to where the admins or staff just ban people for any reason.There are many forums out there that the administrators would be happy to have new members and all they can get.Just find a good forum with good staff and stick with that.For a admin/idiot to ban someone for not typing in the chat box.. lol thats just stupid and i would never be caught dead at any such forum... lol

Since the question was answered.
I will now mark as solved and lock the thread
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down