The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to stop copying of our forum?

+2
KingOfSports
emikati
6 posters

Go down

Solved how to stop copying of our forum?

Post by emikati Tue 21 Jul - 5:10

hi ya.. i want to ask that is their is any way to stop some other forums or websites copying my forum,,,..is their any website that deals wid copy rights voilation action of my forumotion forum??? actually in my forum ..we ourself write computer and other language courses, some one is copying it to his website.. plz tell any site for my forumotion forum..that wud deal wid copy right voilating action..??

Last edited by emikati on Wed 22 Jul - 15:44; edited 1 time in total
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Male Posts : 393
Language : English, HTML

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: how to stop copying of our forum?

Post by KingOfSports Tue 21 Jul - 5:12

just add a copy right notice. then they can get in trouble...if you have no copyrights on it, then I doubt anything can happen.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by emikati Tue 21 Jul - 5:20

KingOfSports wrote:just add a copy right notice. then they can get in trouble...if you have no copyrights on it, then I doubt anything can happen.

i have already gave the copyright word at footer of my forum how to stop copying of our forum? Copy_r10

is that wat u saying??? if yes ..then plz tell me now how can i deal wid this violation....that how can i take action of my forum copy rights violation? im new in web site making..i hv never deal wid such thing... plz do explain

Last edited by emikati on Tue 21 Jul - 5:30; edited 1 time in total
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Tue 21 Jul - 5:28

You can Google a copyright host and ask them to help you and see if it works. Or you can stop right clicking on your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok Tue 21 Jul - 5:30

Legally and legitly, if you have created any original images or graphics, then you can state them as copyright, and they will be copyright under law. However, try out Copyscape to get you a banner for your forum, and place it somewhere like in a widget or in your Homepage Message. Having that banner will show that your forum's originally-made graphics are copy-protected and may not be used, distributed, or be used for comercial use unless you uncopy-protect the specific graphic or image.

Cheers,
Rok
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati Tue 21 Jul - 5:33

if i put the copyscape baner on my forum.... then if my forum copier will not stop to copying my site ,even seeing the copyscape banner on my forum.. how will i take action on it.. plz explain wid full details in easy way.. as im new in this kind of case

EDIT: for example this site has given the notice of copy rights at http://www.thewhir.com/copyright , for example if some one will copy it even this web site has copy right notice.. how they can deal wid their website copy right voilation... same as this example i want to ask how can i take my forum data copy right action...? should i wud need to contact the web host of the site who is copying us.. or any international law website? wid whom shud i need to contact wid..to take legal action?plz do explain in easy way..waiting for ur reply ..thnx in advance
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Tue 21 Jul - 5:47

How about trying to stop right click?

Placehold wrote:

Disable Right Click

1. Log into your forum.

2. Navigate to:

Admin panel\General\Configuration

3. Add the following code to your "Site description * :" and press "Save"

Code:
<body oncontextmenu='return false';>

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok Tue 21 Jul - 5:48

Well, it depends if what the user is stealing/ripping can actually be declared copy-protected or copyright. If he/she is stealing/ripping an idea or a piece of text (such as your forum's Rules), then you can't do anything about it. However, if you page an original image or graphic and a user snatches it whilst you have the copyscape banner on your forum, then you can make a thread here on this support forum complaining about the situation, and you'll get somewhere. However, If I were you, I would list what original images and graphics on your forum that are copy-protected right under your banner.

Cheers,
Rok
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Tue 21 Jul - 7:36

emikati wrote:hi ya.. i want to ask that is their is any way to stop some other forums or websites copying my forum,,,..is their any website that deals wid copy rights voilation action of my forumotion forum??? actually in my forum ..we ourself write computer and other language courses, some one is copying it to his website.. plz tell any site for my forumotion forum..that wud deal wid copy right voilating action..??

Have you reported the site?

as far as someone copying post/topic from your forum. thats called re-posting and has been going on since the beginning of forums. there's not much you can do on free forums about it accept disable the right click function so no one can copy anything.
but keep in mind by doing this then it's disabled for the whole forums and it's members.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati Wed 22 Jul - 15:43

ok thank u soo much MARIO, ROK,KingOfSports, kirk , love u all..thanks
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok Wed 22 Jul - 17:01

Glad to see we're loved. Very Happy
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Wed 22 Jul - 18:06

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down