The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viruses in servimg.com??

+2
Darren1
ClaraZ25
6 posters

Go down

Viruses in servimg.com?? Empty Viruses in servimg.com??

Post by ClaraZ25 July 22nd 2009, 2:17 am

I had a member of my forum ask me about a virus that she believes she got after using servimg. I realize that some work was done to this site a while back to get rid of viruses. I am just wondering if some of them have returned. She said she believes it was this site because her firewall gave her a warning when she went to servimg.com. I was wondering what I should tell her.
ClaraZ25
ClaraZ25
Forumember

Male Posts : 71
Language : English, HTML, and Basic CSS

Back to top Go down

Viruses in servimg.com?? Empty Re: Viruses in servimg.com??

Post by Darren1 July 22nd 2009, 2:24 am

Hello,

Servimg.com does not have any virus' in/on it - I garentee it or I wouldn't be here Wink

Get her to do a full virus scan, and preferably go and download avast as it's the best freebie out there.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 22nd 2009, 10:34 am

darren1 wrote:Hello,

Servimg.com does not have any virus' in/on it - I garentee it or I wouldn't be here Wink

Get her to do a full virus scan, and preferably go and download avast as it's the best freebie out there.

yes i agree with Darren. it's just some adware tracking cookies etc.. on the page trying to get in. if it came up on her computer warning her then all she has to do is deny it and move to the vault or what ever she is using tells her.

And yes for virus protection avast is great. i have been using it for like 6 months now and rarely get anything come through. i think i will upgrade as well to the premium version.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Whogopenguin July 22nd 2009, 12:41 pm

I use AVG Antivirus. It's not free, but I believe it's better than Avast in terms of range, and you can override it if it's being stupid (which, in my experience, it never is).

Sometimes programs such as Norton say there's problems when there's not, especially with programs ("Trojan Horse" is mistaken for something else, etc).
Whogopenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm

kirk wrote:
darren1 wrote:Hello,

yes i agree with Darren. it's just some adware tracking cookies etc.. on the page trying to get in. if it came up on her computer warning her then all she has to do is deny it and move to the vault or what ever she is using tells her.

And yes for virus protection avast is great. i have been using it for like 6 months now and rarely get anything come through. i think i will upgrade as well to the premium version.

Mr. Kirk going fancy ay; leaving us non-wanting-to-pay peoples behind lol!

Whogopenguin wrote:I use AVG Antivirus. It's not free, but I believe it's better than Avast in terms of range, and you can override it if it's being stupid (which, in my experience, it never is).

Sometimes programs such as Norton say there's problems when there's not, especially with programs ("Trojan Horse" is mistaken for something else, etc).

Personally, from years of experience; AVG just sucks - Period.
Avast offers a larger variety of tools, and flexibility, however your protection is your choice.

Just whatever you do get rid of Nortan (and Symantic the same company makes it) as soon as possible; Nortan (and symantic) both purposely create false purposely - Their when the is no actual virus, and it display a virus notice - In most cases their blank false posatives (from a friends' experience), however it has been cought out that Nortan (and Symantic) that sometimes these false positives are real hard core virus' that AVG doesn't acknowledge ( Yes, it's been tested and proven )

It is your call, im just presenting you some cases, I am not going to go into detail, as you have said you prefer AVG Paid

I can assure you, that there is no virus in the Servimg.com website or database, otherwise honestly; you wouldn't be HERE, some of the images here are hosted on Servimg I believe Wink

EDIT:
Note, im in a writing mood, and just tell me if you want more information of Symantic & Nortan, or Avast! then just give us a yell, and ill happily do it Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini July 22nd 2009, 1:54 pm

A woman with a firewall, now that's rare to hear :O At least some girl is aware...

Whogopenguin wrote:I use AVG Antivirus. It's not free, but I believe it's better than Avast
When fail is so epic it should be quoted in bold. AVG isnt, never were and never will be better than Avast!.

Edit : darren, thanks, i ll pass, you have mistakenly named anti-virus product and anti-virus company...4x. That raises doubts if you know what you are talking about.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 22nd 2009, 2:07 pm

Tarogasini wrote:Edit : darren, thanks, i ll pass, you have mistakenly named anti-virus product and anti-virus company...4x. That raises doubts if you know what you are talking about.

huh?

I never said "Anti-virus" nor "antivirus company" though ...

Nortan and symantic is controlled by 1 company Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini July 22nd 2009, 2:46 pm

Its Norton. And company developing it is Symantec.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 23rd 2009, 1:12 am

Tarogasini wrote:...

Its Norton. And company developing it is Symantec.

hence why Symantic is the company, with the Anti Virus protection "Symantic" AND "Nortan" are run my Symantic rambo

My school uses "Symactic" as an antivirus It's real, and really horrible Wink

Well, lets not get off topic here.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 23rd 2009, 2:21 am

I use to use avg and that worked fine for me too.
i actually still have avg on my older computer and it's still working fine.
i just went with avast when i got my new computer like 6 months ago and it works great for me.

so anyway was the question answered so i can lock this. there no reason to go into some full blown discussion on what virus protection is better and disagreements. use what works for you the best thats all i can say.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Flying Kangaroo July 23rd 2009, 7:18 am

Firefox also thought it had a virus.
I had to go on it on another browser.
The Flying Kangaroo
Forumember

Male Posts : 78

http://extremechat.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 23rd 2009, 7:25 am

The Flying Kangaroo wrote:Firefox also thought it had a virus.
I had to go on it on another browser.

That problem was caused by Google a few months ago, not relevant to now, as it's been corrected Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down