The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

modifying default font size for forum posting?

3 posters

Go down

modifying default font size for forum posting? Empty modifying default font size for forum posting?

Post by urmaniac46 July 28th 2009, 9:58 pm

I have just set up a personal forum and testig around, everything looks okay on the home page but when you open up a forum and post something, the writing appears enormous. Shocked I can edit and adjust the font size but surely I will get questioned about this once I start inviting other people, especially from those who doesn't even think about re-editing their posts. But even if you can re-edit it is obviously an unnecessary hassle, how can you modify the setting of a default font size for the posting, which is obviously the culprit?
urmaniac46

Language : English

Back to top Go down

modifying default font size for forum posting? Empty Re: modifying default font size for forum posting?

Post by Team101 July 28th 2009, 10:01 pm

Hope this may help
Admin panel>Display>Pictures and colours>colours>main font size.
Team101
Team101
Forumember

Male Posts : 245
Language : english

http://forumosion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

modifying default font size for forum posting? Empty Re: modifying default font size for forum posting?

Post by urmaniac46 July 28th 2009, 10:06 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, I checked that section and it is set as 10, which is just about right. The font size that comes up on posting is way bigger than ten, and I have to highlight the whole posting and click on "normal" on the font selection to get it right. wonder what is the problem... Crying or Very sad
urmaniac46

Back to top Go down

Post by Team101 July 28th 2009, 10:17 pm

pm me a link to your forum
Team101
Team101
Forumember

Male Posts : 245
Language : english

http://forumosion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by urmaniac46 July 29th 2009, 12:11 pm

The mystery still exists, I tried to change the skin as suggested but no improvement... Hem Does anyone have any idea what's the matter??? Hem :/ Shit
urmaniac46

Back to top Go down

Post by urmaniac46 July 29th 2009, 4:04 pm

well, I tried to change the skin yet again and made sure any remnants of the original skin with which I had problem with are gone, and now it seems to be working. I hope I haven't spoken too soon, wish me well so I won't have to bother you guys again!!
urmaniac46

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien July 29th 2009, 6:49 pm

Hi!

Can you tell me what version are you using?
I think, you need to change default font-size via CSS.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by urmaniac46 July 29th 2009, 8:29 pm

Thanks for your reply and advice, I thought the same and I took a look at CSS but I am no programmer and there are numerous mentions of fonts and their styles in different locations and I had no idea which one to modify Shocked and I didn't want to mess up something else...
anyhow as I said it seems to be working now so I am crossing my fingers, if I have further issues I will get right back to you guys thanks again!
urmaniac46

Back to top Go down