The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricting who can read and write posts

3 posters

Go down

Restricting who can read and write posts Empty Restricting who can read and write posts

Post by Rich Stone July 29th 2009, 3:57 pm

How can I set my forum to prevent anyone from reading or writing on the forum without first logging in?

Also, is it possible to prevent certain groups from adding avatars or banners?
Rich Stone
Rich Stone
Forumember

Male Posts : 53
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Restricting who can read and write posts Empty Re: Restricting who can read and write posts

Post by WhatIf July 29th 2009, 4:44 pm

Ap==>General==>Categories and Forums==>Click the little icon with the green arrow and red X, near the designated topic==>Unmark View and Read for guests.

That should do it but just in case unmark write and reply for guests as well
WhatIf
WhatIf
Forumember

Language : Morse Code

Back to top Go down

Restricting who can read and write posts Empty Re: Restricting who can read and write posts

Post by Rich Stone July 29th 2009, 6:26 pm

Thanks for that but is there not a single setting that will handle all posts/topics?

I am a member of a forum that is php based where the first page that comes up is the login one and you can't go any further without a correct login or going to the registration page. Does this happen if all topics are marked as you suggested?
Rich Stone
Rich Stone
Forumember

Male Posts : 53
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 29th 2009, 6:28 pm

Yes, that's because all guests or restricted from the Forum, if you change it for guests to view, they will be able to see it, but if they try posting it'll take them to a log in page Wink
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down