The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to create forumotion!

+3
Splytte
lolneedlol
shamzblueworld
7 posters

Go down

I want to create forumotion! Empty I want to create forumotion!

Post by shamzblueworld September 19th 2009, 12:03 pm

well i wanted a discussion but i didnt know the rules, so i check rules for this forum and i was pleased to see there was written you can ask questions like How to create a website? well thats what i am going to ask but mine is little bit different.
here is what i want: i want to create a website like forumotion(but ofcourse with better utilities for my users for the sake of competing) so i want to know if there is someone else supporting the idea? i know there are already plenty but users get tired of sameness i think so it will be something new!(maybe not much)
so you can say whatever you want but any help in this regard and also how to's?(how to do this and that) are very very welcoming!
so i will wait for the comment now!
cheers!
Note: about the title, well its because i want to create similar to forumotion not exactly forumotion.
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Male Posts : 568
Language : English,urdu,hindi,arabic, basic html, css... will learn xml,javascript and jscript

http://www.funstopforum.net

Back to top Go down

I want to create forumotion! Empty Re: I want to create forumotion!

Post by lolneedlol September 19th 2009, 12:12 pm

well, u must know PHP well, and get a good host like sitegrounds
lolneedlol

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 19th 2009, 7:12 pm

ok thats very good! keep them coming guys, any more suggestions? i would really appriciate
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Language : English,urdu,hindi,arabic, basic html, css... will learn xml,javascript and jscript

Back to top Go down

Post by lolneedlol September 20th 2009, 6:56 am

heliohost is free but its not as easy
free-name.org is free but must pay sponsors
lolneedlol

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 20th 2009, 8:03 am

hmmm, thats good. i ve checked them. now what are the basic informations i need to know before starting or creating this! you already said PHP, what else? and also where to learn those? learning them online or by downloading some tutorials are few possibilities that i can do.
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lolneedlol September 20th 2009, 8:23 am

lol tutorials/samples are easier
lolneedlol

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 20th 2009, 8:38 am

thats what i said. they are easier thats why i can do, so tell me php and what esle? and also tutorials? where? Thanx man
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 21st 2009, 8:56 am

posting after 24hrs
well i want to know which are the tools/softwares/or whatever you call them that make/create such site like forumotion(or other similar sites for that matter)
and anothe thing, i was wondering how to create something like blogger? or wordpress, so only offer blogs, i think that should be a little easier than this right?
well m waiting for an expert to suggest and comment.
Cheer!
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Splytte September 22nd 2009, 6:02 pm

You want to create something like Forumotion, and you have no idea on how to do it?

Very Happy

Just an advice, I create all my sites with only a notepad, no need of programs that are supposed to create sites for you. But anyway who cares, it won't be possible for you to do something that big right now.

-=~Splytte~=-
Splytte
Splytte
Forumember

Female Posts : 753
Language : French, English, Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese (Beginner).

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc September 23rd 2009, 1:29 am

Splytte wrote:You want to create something like Forumotion, and you have no idea on how to do it?

Very Happy

Just an advice, I create all my sites with only a notepad, no need of programs that are supposed to create sites for you. But anyway who cares, it won't be possible for you to do something that big right now.

-=~Splytte~=-
We could have seen this from just looking at this post,lol.

You'll need to have a good knowledge of phpBB, and php.

And, you'll need a really good server, and a couple of good domains to get your forum maker popular. You'll need to master MySQL, and on the way, you'll learn more, by yourself...

You'll also need to learn about hacking, so you can prevent people from hacking your website ( Forum Making Website ).

[ ^ Wrong use of php coding can allow people to access your website ^ ]

You'll have to create a number one website, so others can go to it and create forums. ( Get good designs )

I know someone personally, who created a forum maker ( Like forumotion ), already, but I can't give you direct contact to them, Wink

Edit :

JavaScript is also very important, I want to create forumotion! Redface
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 23rd 2009, 4:12 am

hahahaha! this is very easy then huh? lol
But as splytte said it would not be possible right now, and for some info to you splytte i also created a site in notepad couple of years ago for my instititute idk if its still running or not. i have some knowledge of html.
about all the other programms, well i think i am gonna work on them now, But i didnt understand the Hacking point marc made, i mean i do understand that it could happen and i am to aware of that and also need to know how to overcome if something like that occurs,
so could you tell me what are the things to learn in that hacking sagment? i mean as for all the other things i also have no idea about hacking. like the one you gave for phpbb(the link) is there any of learning some hacking of this kind so i can prevent to be hacked?(if not here plz pm me)

As lolneedlol said before that tutorials are best and easier to learn from i am doing that, i have started with html and i will steadily move up to all the others you mentioned above.
And about the domain names well believe me i am really good and names and titles(you can try me)
(Not so good at english though, but getting better)

So Huge Thanx to you guys for commenting! please keep them coming for help and suggestions.

( i have a free webhosting at the moment from some company, i got that for trials and practice, {its a reseller}. so if anyone wanna help me there plz come ahead, it will be very welcoming)
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 24th 2009, 6:54 am

bumping after 24hrs
well is'nt there anyone ready to take a pupil for making him The Webmatser?
i m waiting for that pm.
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc September 24th 2009, 3:05 pm

shamzblueworld wrote:( i have a free webhosting at the moment from some company, i got that for trials and practice, {its a reseller}. so if anyone wanna help me there plz come ahead, it will be very welcoming)
I don't think your going to create a website like forumotion anytime soon, fufufu

You should learn how to create a website on your own server. And if you don't have an idea to what internet marketing is ( making money on the internet ), then your website would be a fail and eventually die, Razz

Also, it is very simple to create a website on a notepad. I create designs all of the time, then I sell them for a few $100 ( US ), and so on, Mr. Green

And about the hacking problem... Why don't you go to a programing class, and learn it yourself when your tutor is teaching it to you, tongue
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 24th 2009, 5:10 pm

well a little bit of encouragment would have made my day! anyways
well in my reigon there is no tutor nor an institute like this, its just a town. and i cant afford to go to the big cities just to learn this stuff. thats why i asked for help here cuz here we have a lot of good webmasters like you.
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini September 24th 2009, 5:43 pm

Is it just me who finds this hilarious ? I mean : the guy came and said : "I wanna create forumotion" - This resembles my laugh

LOL

Last edited by Nessa on September 24th 2009, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited To Laugh out loud.)
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabu September 24th 2009, 6:10 pm

Dunno, how do i make a website!? like Final Fantasy Reviere has?
like this: http://ffreverie.forumotion.net/

Razz
Rabu
Rabu
Forumember

Male Posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 24th 2009, 6:14 pm

well you can laugh now, but soon enough you will see my dream competiting with forumotion(plus all rivals like this).
I will see who will be laughind then.
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa September 24th 2009, 6:46 pm

shamzblueworld wrote:well you can laugh now, but soon enough you will see my dream competiting with forumotion(plus all rivals like this).
I will see who will be laughind then.

Well on that note, then Good luck with finding out to create a web based forum host and compete with forumotion here but after that comment, you won't get any more advice from us here on this matter any further. I want to create forumotion! Icon_wink

Try Google next time for help instead of coming to the competition for help!. I want to create forumotion! Icon_wink

=> Topic Locked / Garbaged

Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down