The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signature help? Wont come up?

5 posters

Go down

Solved Signature help? Wont come up?

Post by Hiiragi October 8th 2009, 3:04 am

Well, I want to add a signature to my site (free), but it wont work...
I have all the options about always show signature and stuff, and I have even looked at some topics here. Nothing helped.
My site is http://glaceonms.forumotion.net/ .
Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Last edited by Hiiragi on October 8th 2009, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Language : THEWAHOOBOX

http://glaceonms.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Signature help? Wont come up?

Post by kirk October 8th 2009, 4:00 pm

You will have to change your title to a more detailed and explicit one pertaining to your problem.Until you change the title i nor any other members can help.
Please be sure to read all forums rules,stickies and announcement's.
thank you
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc October 8th 2009, 10:21 pm

Your Signature

Signature settings are to be changed in your profile settings as well (in the top navigation bar) - just switch to the "Signature" tab there. The signature space is limited to 500 characters, this cannot be increased. You can use bbCode and HTML as well in your sig, if it has been allowed by the administrators in the admin panel (General >> Forum >> Messages & Email >> Allow HTML / BBCode).

My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.

Added By Master Marc :
You should try to mark the boxes asking for your signature to be displayed in posts from your posting options that can be seen below the "reply box" on topics.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiiragi October 9th 2009, 9:37 pm

Master Marc wrote:
Your Signature

Signature settings are to be changed in your profile settings as well (in the top navigation bar) - just switch to the "Signature" tab there. The signature space is limited to 500 characters, this cannot be increased. You can use bbCode and HTML as well in your sig, if it has been allowed by the administrators in the admin panel (General >> Forum >> Messages & Email >> Allow HTML / BBCode).

My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.

Added By Master Marc :
You should try to mark the boxes asking for your signature to be displayed in posts from your posting options that can be seen below the "reply box" on topics.
I did that...
It did not work.

EDIT: I did that, it worked. I forgot to click save. :wouhou:
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc October 10th 2009, 2:35 pm

Hiiragi wrote:EDIT: I did that, it worked. I forgot to click save. :wouhou:
Glad I could help you, Hello
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiiragi October 10th 2009, 10:36 pm

It stopped working again.
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by killzone October 10th 2009, 10:57 pm

First you gotta go to your profile Preferences,Then go to to "Activate signatur/show signature"or whatever it says.Then click the "yes" button,then cluck "save"(but i don't think there is one,but if there isn't,then just go to another page or something)
killzone

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiiragi October 10th 2009, 11:08 pm

killzone wrote:First you gotta go to your profile Preferences,Then go to to "Activate signatur/show signature"or whatever it says.Then click the "yes" button,then cluck "save"(but i don't think there is one,but if there isn't,then just go to another page or something)
I do. It shows the line seperating the post and sig, but no sig comes up.
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi October 11th 2009, 12:53 am

Is your signature a picture & if so where are you hosting it?
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiiragi October 11th 2009, 2:09 am

Kalliopi wrote:Is your signature a picture & if so where are you hosting it?

It is a pic.

Host: glaceonms.forumotion.net.
My name there is Hiiragi.
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi October 11th 2009, 1:11 pm

There is no option for image hosting with Servimg in the actual signature box. I notice the person with deltaFire signature on your forum is using image shack to host his signature.

I might be wrong but I think you were hot linking which is why your image has gone. You will need to upload it to a free external image hosting account like TinyPic Smile
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiiragi October 11th 2009, 1:20 pm

Kalliopi wrote:There is no option for image hosting with Servimg in the actual signature box. I notice the person with deltaFire signature on your forum is using image shack to host his signature.

I might be wrong but I think you were hot linking which is why your image has gone. You will need to upload it to a free external image hosting account like TinyPic Smile
Hey, I was going to point out that I was using Photobucket Images when the signature didn't work. I am going to use like yeah TinyPic.
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiiragi October 11th 2009, 1:26 pm

Alrighty! It works!
Hiiragi
Hiiragi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 11th 2009, 2:36 pm

Hiiragi wrote:Alrighty! It works!
Since the topic appears to be solved i will mark and lock.

Hiiragi if the problem returns please pm me with this thread link and i will reopen. but it seems like you should be good now Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down