The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields

2 posters

Go down

Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields Empty Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields

Post by amack1n October 20th 2009, 11:39 am

Hey.

Just some background info first. I've made a website for a racing game which has many different options in terms of tracks, car classes etc. When filling out their profile, members of the forum are able to list the options they prefer by way of multiple choice. The plan is that other members will be able to filter the memberlist to find people with the same preferences.

Basically, I want to know if this is possible, and if so, how? All I want is to be able to bring up a search form where you can find people with "Option A" ticked etc

Any help would be massively appreciated

Cheers
amack1n

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields Empty Re: Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields

Post by Sanket October 20th 2009, 3:27 pm

That is not possible.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields Empty Re: Is it possible to filter the memberlist by profile fields

Post by amack1n October 20th 2009, 7:04 pm

Sad

In that case, is there another roundabout way of doing it?

For example, is it possible to have groups available for the members to join? And then you can search for all members of a certain group? I remember someone did it on a forum I went to a while ago, so how do I do that here? Or is there a better way?
amack1n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 20th 2009, 7:05 pm

Yes obviously there are groups available for members to join if you keep their status to opened.

This will give you more detailed information.
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/organizing-groups-colors-in-legend-t10988.htm
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down